The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Fri 29 Mar 2024 12:20 AM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Which of Uncle Matt's guitars to you play the most?
Aria 7%  7%  [ 10 ]
Aria Pro II 45%  45%  [ 66 ]
Electra Electra-Phoenix 8%  8%  [ 12 ]
Vantage 21%  21%  [ 31 ]
Westbury 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
Skylark 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
Westone 8%  8%  [ 12 ]
Conrad, Lyle, Other 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
Japanese Washburn 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 148
PostPosted: Mon 19 Aug 2002 08:24 PM 
Virtuoso

Which of Uncle Matt's guitars to play the most?

(You MUST be logged in to vote, otherwise you only see the results)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 09 Dec 2004 12:59 AM 
By far my 1975 Epiphone ET 275 Crestwood. Mostly since it is in my garage near my amp repair bench and it is handy to test an amp or just noodle on. It is such a tough guitar that I am not afraid to risk banging it about a bit - never abusing it by any means! It also sounds and plays well and can take the California diurnal 50- 75 degree temperature changes with zero affect. I need to pot the pickups because that is the only thing lacking in that guitar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 29 May 2005 06:38 AM 
My main guitar is an Aria Pro ll PE-R80 ,so that is the one I play the most of any brand,plus its the only "uncle Matty" guitar i own,Although I am currently in the market for another (Either another PE-R80 or maybe one of the set-neck cardinals).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 14 Dec 2005 09:40 AM 
Axe Slinger

Mostly my Aria pro II LS-500VS due to it doing every job I've ever thrown to it with remarkable aplom. It's so suitable for just about any style it's rendered most of my other guitars redundant and I love it dearly. If I need a trem it'll be THE CAT by Aria pro II not too sure if this is an uncle matt or not( photos soon in members treasures) but for those widdly widdly skrank metal moments it's a wee cracker

PostPosted: Mon 19 Dec 2005 03:17 PM 
Virtuoso

ForumAdmin wrote:
Which of Uncle Matt's guitars to play the most?

(You MUST be logged in to vote, otherwise you only see the results)

My first electric guitar was my Aria Pro II FS1000 that I bought about 4 years ago.
I bought it as I remembered the Arias to be a fantastic value when I was growing up in the late 70's., so I was looking for a CS, beside all the Gibson SG and hollowbodies I wanted.
When I first saw theFS1000 I fell in love. Since then I have had a lot of guitars, mostly Vantage, Aria and Hagström, but also some others like Wasburn and Ibanez. Today I own 5 old Arias and 2 Hagström, as I live in Sweden.
The FS 1000 is still one of the favourites, together with theRS 850 and the TS 500, but I play all of my guitars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 26 Feb 2006 10:48 AM 
Right now, I only own one Uncle Mat guitar, a CS350, so of course that's the one I play most. What a great guitar. It's so good in fact, that I have decided that I will be building up my vintage Aria ProII collection as money permits. Also, the enthusiasm and knowledge shown for these guitars from the forum members here, really has me convinced that this is the right line of guitars to collect.

I think that guys that play and collect these fine guitars really stand out as individuals, and don't want to be just another Gibson/PRS/Fender player.

I have just purchased a PE1000 Masterpiece, that I can't wait to start playing. The guitar is being shipped to me as I write this. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning to come! :lol:

So the Masterpiece could take over the top spot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 02 Apr 2006 11:23 PM 
Virtuoso

I currently own 2 "Uncle Matts". I bought my RS-600 brand new in late '81 (its an '80 model that didn't sell) and it was my main guitar until my custom ordered strat came along in '91. Even then, I couldn't put my RS-600 down. I obtained a used PE-R80 (very nice) shortly after that but for some STUPID reason, thought I needed another strat SO, the PE-R80 was sold along with some other guitars and I became the proud owner of a '95 strat. About 2000 I realized that I should have kept the PE-R80 and began a mad search to find another. I even thought a les paul might do the trick but luckily never found one that would. :D Fast forward to 2006 and I stumbled upon a PE-R60 (of which I'd never seen) and decided to take a chance (ebay) that it would satisfy my need for a PE-R80. I paid $520 for it (many second thoughts because I sold my '91 strat to get it) and held my breath. When it came in, I swear I almost cried. I couldn't believe how BEAUTIFUL it was!! It was in as good or better shape than ANY guitar I bought new. It's unbelievable that it is 24 years old ('82)!! Needless to say, it now is my main guitar. More importantly, it revived my affection for all "Uncle Matts". I finally registered here and am thoroughly enjoying every post. I am constantly looking for guitars or parts and even thinking about taking on a project. I'd love to find an old Vantage or Skylark. I can remember many a night back in the early 80's wishing I could afford either. :love: Well, sorry for the long post but I feel much better... :)

Jorg 8)

Post subject: My Matts
PostPosted: Tue 04 Apr 2006 07:54 AM 
I currently have 4 uncle Matts: AP2 PE500 and TS500 and Westone Thunder 1A - beautiful 83 model in cherry red, and my personal favourite and most treasured guitar, a Prestige 250 in tobacco sunburst. It's the guitar I've owned for the longest at about 13 years. Cash Converters thought they had me at 250GBP but little did they know hahhaha! I've recently had to have it repaired as it fell over and the neck snapped completely off so it was a fairly big job.
The AP2 TS500 is probably my second in line. It an 81 model and its had a bit of a battering over the years, but the action is still sweet as a nut and its great to play.
I keep spotting new aquisitions on eB**. I really fancy an early Thunder 3 and a high end PE. Oh yeah and a CS and a Westbury Super Custom!! The list goes on.
Happy hunting people...

Dez :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 05 Nov 2006 06:42 PM 
My fave is my PE-R60. I still need to restore my CS-250. The tonal palette is wide, and the zebra pickups look great. In fact, it looks and feels like an LP refined. It's just got a special quality that makes it my best axe. I guess it stems from having the look, feel, and sound that best satifies my preferences.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 07 Nov 2006 07:03 AM 
Comes and goes...lately the Aria Pro II Ironman Standard (flying V) has been seeing a lot of action, partly because I nabbed a Fender Deluxe Reverb II at a flea market last weekend, and the combination does awesome metal tones. But the "clean" channel is basically a Blackface DR reissue, minus the solid state rectifier, so the Epi EA 250 (ES-335-ish archtop) has been getting some pretty hefty crunch time as well.

I know, I know, I shouldn't have so many of the same kind of guitar--branch out a little...

--:-)

Ray