The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Mon 29 Apr 2024 03:37 PM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
PostPosted: Sun 31 Dec 2023 01:32 AM 
Virtuoso

One advantage a forum has is a search function. FB, Twitter, Pinterest is a joke. Try searching for MMK45 on FB some time. You might get a few good hits, but that is if you can weed through the thousands of useless hits FB returns. :wink:

The rest of the site is up to date with the latest version of Wordpress. Which ALSO has a great search function.

A few old-schoolers had a fit when I converted to Wordpress but the old site was FAR from mobile friendly. Only one page is not mobile friendly, the specs page for the Cardinal series. For that Google says the entire site is not mobile friendly. Google has their heads up their proverbial .........

PostPosted: Sun 31 Dec 2023 06:30 AM 
Virtuoso

Us old dudes love our Boomer Guitars! :hyper:

:-D

PostPosted: Tue 02 Jan 2024 04:21 AM 
Virtuoso

Crusty wrote:
I missed your post asking this thread be made sticky. Up until April 10th of 2021 I worked full time and had a life so there are things I missed. There's this hidden feature on the board called Private Messages. Had you sent me one asking it be made sticky I would have happily done it. You have to keep in mind this is a one man show. Sure there has been help here and there but most of the time it is just me.

Had you sent me a PM asking why I hadn't made it sticky I would have apologized and explained then made it sticky. Lashing out at me helped nothing. I'm sorry it is a cemetery here. I'm sure it is my fault. You may be right, it is all because this thread was not sticky. It is now sticky and will remain at the top of the forum (although the post icon is still flashing as it is a popular thread, trust me, it is sticky). Would you prefer this thread were in another forum? Just say the word and it will be done.

you have no idea how many long hours We've put into gathering all this information, how much I've paid on hosting fees over the last 23 years, how many times I've had to move and re-configure the site, how much coding I've had to do, how much I've had to learn (Apache, PHP, mySQL, phpBB, Wordpress, Linux) so I didn't have to pay someone else to do it, how much myself and others have paid for catalogs, how much time myself and others put into scanning them in, cleaning them up and posting them, how many hours I've spent recovering from hacks and crashes (sometimes not sleeping before work, some taking weeks to figure out). Your contribution is greatly appreciated however there are many that came before and after you that contributed much more. No one knew what a Matsumoku was until this site was born.

Barry is correct. Forums are an outdated legacy in comparison to social media and most people want an instant answer and they're gone never to be heard from again. Facebook is great for this. We have literally hundreds of members with less than 5 posts.

This post sure made my Christmas Merry. Your heart warming and welcoming sentiment is reciprocated.

It's funny how people are quick to criticize and complain until THEY have to put the money, time and labor into something they take for granted. Just because it is free doesn't mean someone somewhere isn't footing the bill and putting in the work. And make ONE [Foul Language Used] mistake and you get raked over the coals.

Well Crusty, all I will say is, “what a disappointing response”, full of Strawmen & Snarky Remarks, but not without Humour. 10 years = quick to criticise, Lol.
Yes, my Post may have been a bit Snarky to, so I'll give you that.
I'm not going to get into a P1SS1NG contest over our busy lives & who does what out of the goodness of their heart. If you think no one here but you carrys a burden for the good of society & works their tail off in life with no thanks, well thats on you. I have always appreciated the Forum, but, Edit:,Nah lets leave it there. Disappointing.

PostPosted: Tue 02 Jan 2024 08:52 AM 
Virtuoso

I already explained I missed your post from Tue 13 Mar 2018:

Trevor wrote:
Hi Mods,
Any Chance this can be stickied?

And I DID apologize for it. All you had to do was send a PM and everything would have been good. Maybe you feel your "Merry Christmas" post was courteous and respectful but that is NOT how it comes across. And waiting 5-1/2 years to say something? Then saying it the way you did? Spiteful, insulting, accusatory and sarcastic. That's a great way to get something done. You got what you wanted, the thread is sticky. Was there anything else you were expecting that I am not aware of?

PostPosted: Tue 02 Jan 2024 11:04 AM 
Virtuoso

Can I get some ice cream ?!? :loon: :loon: :loon:

PostPosted: Tue 02 Jan 2024 11:47 AM 
Virtuoso

Here you go!

Attachment:
ice_cream_cone.jpg
ice_cream_cone.jpg [ 43.37 KiB | Viewed 209 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11