The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Mon 29 Apr 2024 04:45 AM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 14 Jun 2002 02:49 PM 
Hello all,

I was surfin around and found this site with the hopes that you can help me out. I have a line on an Aria Pro ll "esprit" guitar, but I have no idea about them. I've been trying to look it up on the net, but I can't find info on them at all. Does anyone here know anything about them? Any info at all will be much appreciated. I have an acoustic and I'm searching for an electric to play around on, and the price seems to be alright.

A few notes: I haven't yet seen this guitar, I'm trying to find out if it is worth going to see. Also, it hasn't been played in about 10 years..is there anything I should be weary of when looking at it??

Thanks everyone.

Cowboy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 15 Jun 2002 12:56 AM 
Hi Cowboy!

The Esprit is part of the RS series. What you are looking at is pretty much a strat with class. Here's the specs I have:

Alder body, maple Smooth-Joint neck, rosewood FB 22 fret, 650mm scale, 2 RSP single coil pickups and slave in the middle, master volume with power switch, 2 active tone controls, 2 Q (tone notch?) selector switches, 3-way toggle, LED "ON" indicator, ACT-1 fulcrum tremolo, cast tuners, bone nut, gold HW. It came in Deep Red Metallic, Pearl White Metallic, and Phantom Blue Metallic. It was available from 1983 to 1985.

I still have to finish the rest of what I have on the RS series. I'll post an update on the baord when it's up in Guitar Gallery News.

If this info helps, do me a return favor if you would and sign the guest book so it looks like someone was here. :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AriaProII on 2002-06-15 00:57 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 15 Jun 2002 12:21 PM 
Hey Cowboy,

The specs and catalog pics are up covering the Esprit and other RS models now. You'll find them in the Models/Labels section.

Have at it!