The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Sat 20 Apr 2024 03:41 AM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Doubts about Aria PE150
PostPosted: Tue 08 Mar 2016 01:03 PM 
Prospective Member

Hello to everyone, I'm new and I hope that someone will help me in this. Today I bought an aria pe150 (i think, it's the LP special model anyway) but there are some elements that are bothering me. My guitar appears to be from 1980 (sn 038926) but on the headstock it just says "aria", and i found that arias from 1975 onwards should say "aria pro II" instead. The second thing is that based on the catalog from the time it should be a set neck but on the back there is a neckplate saying "steel adjustable neck" so i'd like to know if mine is a version with both the neck set and screwed or what. Thanks to you all for the great infos that you provide.

Ps: i wanted to attach some photos but the files are too big and i'm typing from my cellphone so it's difficult to resize them

PostPosted: Wed 09 Mar 2016 03:52 PM 
Virtuoso

I'm not too familiar with the LP-special style guitars from aria. But, based on earlier photos from the catalog section it appears as if they have made a few other models in that style.

Perhaps one or more had a bolt-on neck. Also I don't think there is much correlation to the sn on a neck plate to real production date. Trevor? Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu 10 Mar 2016 04:12 AM 
Prospective Member

Thanks, I found out that it's probably an Aria et240 in fact (still a bit bothered by the serial thought)...I'm a little disappointed because it's probably a bolt on neck only and i would have preferred if it was both set and bolted, because it would be a more faithful copy. The other thing that concerns me is that the G string doesn't sound right (i checked the octave and it's right but the A note on the second fret is way high...). Someone knows what could be?