The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Thu 18 Apr 2024 12:41 PM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Wed 28 Sep 2016 12:42 PM 
Gallery Friend

Jorg wrote:
Here's my theory...

Its an Aria, not an Aria Pro II, so the headstock isn't really a '79 "transition". Its probably an earlier test in a small market to see how its accepted.
I think $180 with a hard case is a fantastic price. :rockwoot:

:D glad to hear this! (I can call it "frankenstein" now hahahah, due to it's composite / experimental traits).

By playing a friend of mine told me that the pickups are probably "diMarzio", but I'm not sure about this... what are the most commons pickup on the AE-300 model LP copy? (from all the models I've seen, it's the one that resembles more the body).

Forgot to tell you that the owner threated her very bad :( a volume button was missing (replaced with four new golden gibson top hat), many parts were severely rusted (the pickguard screws in particular) and I changed them with brand new pieces which fitted without problems. Also the guy painted the "original" (?) pickguard with black paint (and he did it very bad, because it looked like it was covered in mud :o ) so I have also replaced the pickguard with a gibson cream one. The saddles were in bad quality plastic, kinda ruined (and I fear not original from the guitar), so I replaced them with stainless steel saddles in my local guitar shop. And last but not least, he used glue to "fix" the little circle "Tremble / Rhytm" (don't know how to call it in english, but you've understand of what I'm talking :D ), which wasn't the original one because that piece was ice-white, when the guitar details are all cream-white. Of course I bought a gibson one of the correct color, and after removing the glue traces (HORRIBLE, I hade an headcache for the nervous) with a product for wood I just putted on the new piece. After almost 60$ of new pieces and an headcache I think I made the best to keep her in a good condition :blush: (I still have every single "original" part in a box, just to be sure).

PostPosted: Wed 28 Sep 2016 02:11 PM 
Virtuoso

Using my "ever so clever" deductive powers, I believe this to be a 5522 or 5522B transition model. Purportedly manufactured around 1979. The earlier 5522's look a lot like yours, but without the transition headstock. If you go here: http://matsumoku.org/models/ariaproii/trans.html you will see that no one has supplied any info on it (yet!) What do you all think?

PostPosted: Wed 28 Sep 2016 03:10 PM 
Gallery Friend

willbo wrote:
Using my "ever so clever" deductive powers, I believe this to be a 5522 or 5522B transition model. Purportedly manufactured around 1979. The earlier 5522's look a lot like yours, but without the transition headstock. If you go here: http://matsumoku.org/models/ariaproii/trans.html you will see that no one has supplied any info on it (yet!) What do you all think?

maybe you're right, even if I've searched for some 5522 and 5522B LP copies and the body looks slightly different :toopid: actually I think the most reliable theory it's that is an Aria LP copy from an unregistered series with some changes in the headstock and fret-board, probably a test before releasing Aria-ProII. Could be just the transition ages from the first Aria models and the new ones

PostPosted: Thu 29 Sep 2016 12:34 PM 
Virtuoso

willbo wrote:

I dig it. :rockwoot:

Quality service since 3:00 last Tuesday

PostPosted: Fri 30 Sep 2016 12:39 PM 
Gallery Friend

Jorg wrote:
willbo wrote:

I dig it. :rockwoot:

So I have to upload some pics for the official gallery? :D

PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov 2016 07:46 AM 
Prospective Member

Hi, I am also new here but looking for info on very similar guitar. I inherited mine from my grandfather and am certain he owned it in early 1980 s as I remember singing to and playing it with him at that time. Mine is exactly the same but sunburst colour with wood colour toggle switch and serial number 1047422. My research so far hasn't turned up much definite info but I don't mind so much as it is invaluable to me because of the memories it brings back, even though I can't play very well. I can only offer you some 're assurance that it probably is from the era you thought for the reason I have stated. Good luck and enjoy :)

PostPosted: Thu 08 Dec 2016 06:24 AM 
Virtuoso

Ohhhh.... Nice transition LP ! late 70s beg 80s for certain. and for only 180$ with case, that is an amazing deal !

Enjoy your black beauty !