The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Fri 29 Mar 2024 01:21 AM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: VP 790 DEMON
PostPosted: Sat 26 Dec 2015 12:28 PM 
Axe Slinger

Just to let everyone know... I finally figured out how to edit and delete and more.
I have deleted the offending pictures.
I have deleted some other stuff too that really shouldn't be in here cause it doesn't pertain to Vantage.
And I'm working on getting more pics of the 790 + more pics of the 575. Those will go up into a different board.

PostPosted: Sat 26 Dec 2015 12:59 PM 
Virtuoso

Am I to understand you'll not be posting pics of your Demon here? Please don't be offended. Eyebulger was not upset. The smileys in his post tell me he wasn't. Just curious is all.

You've already said they were used for reference. Not really an offense there once you explained. This is not uncommon either, on any forum. Many of us have uploaded and used pics as a reference, and we only ask the source be credited.

I've had pictures of my guitars used in eBay listings and CL ads indicating they were THEIR guitars. Essentially a scam. Either that or in listings as an example but no credit to the source. The ones that hotlink images really torque me off. I usually swap that picture out for something fairly rude, and if the hotlink is not removed, I swap it out again for something VERY rude and undesirable. I have one that simply says "This is a scammer an is illegally hotlinking this image. Do NOT trust" and often that's all the farther I have to go. The listing usually disappears within the hour if not sooner. :devil2:

We have had people post pics that were grabbed from an auction, CL listing, and other websites and passing them off as their guitar so in that respect some may be a little leery. A few even tried to sell the imaginary guitar here. One tried to sell a guitar here I had at the time. OOOPS on their part.

PostPosted: Sat 26 Dec 2015 02:26 PM 
Axe Slinger

Here is the case for the VP790 aka DEMON.
I will have to work on getting the phone pics into my comp.
Thanks again all of you forum users here to not be too upset at my transgressions on the other members pics.

PostPosted: Sat 26 Dec 2015 02:29 PM 
Virtuoso

Nice. Original case is always a plus.

You've noting to worry about Graham! You're cool.

I also have two original Vantage cases, but one came with an Aria Pro II guitar. The other came with my Vantage Ghost.

PostPosted: Sat 26 Dec 2015 02:44 PM 
Axe Slinger

Here are some new pics of the 790 aka DEMON.
Soon to follow is some of that FV575.

I would still like to hear from anyone that might know which month in 1981 these "Limited Edition" 575's were first tooled.
It is of great interest for me because all the info that I have read here on this site points to a "late fall 1981" when the FV's were introduced.

If that is the case, and unless there is other info out there that's not been made available, I may have one of the earliest ones produced.

So if this is the case, I would also like to hear from other members with any info on how to absolutely correctly date this particular FV575.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Fri 02 Dec 2016 04:07 AM 
Axe Slinger

Here is the second VP790 DEMON
note the differences in the switches

the neck took some time to get it sanded down just right..... Thank you CORSAIR for the words of encouragement
I used a fine grit sanding sponge and it turned out very very nice. For now, it's not going anywhere for any jewelry!!!
Gots some new strings on it 10-52 and it's ready .
I, just like JORG,,,,,
am,,
Diggin it !!!

:rockwoot:

PostPosted: Fri 02 Dec 2016 07:01 PM 
Virtuoso

Graham65 wrote:
I, just like JORG,,,,,
am,,
Diggin it !!!

:rockwoot: