The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Mon 20 May 2024 07:05 PM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon 03 Mar 2003 08:04 AM 
I just bought this one. Only knowing that the price was too low figuring that I'd find someone I knew that wanted it and I did (it's going to ship to them and I'll never even touch it).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 95260&rd=1

I don't know anything on these, model #, era of production, good,bad, etc. Except that I seem to recall some of these going for around $225. without case. At $81.00 could I say "No" ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 03 Mar 2003 09:10 AM 
Yes, it's Korean, but at $101 all totaled it's not likely you are going wrong! Heck, a case at the local megastore is $50, so I would say you did pretty good on that one! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 08 Mar 2003 07:11 AM 
Virtuoso

That looks like a very nice piece for a Korean. Look at that maple neck. My faves.
And that bridge don't look too tacky either.

Did you ever get a chance to play it before you sold it? If it plays as good as it looks I want one.
We need to know these things. Don't get me started.

I'm trying to avoid looking at stuff on ebay because it's so hard to resist temptation and I'm weak.

Come on now. With a nick like Vantageman you'll need to know.
Play it before you send it out. You might end up keeping it :lol:
jb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10 Mar 2003 11:07 PM 
I had it shipped direct to my friend's son. He's about 15 -16 perfect for a crotch rocket style guitar. She emailed me to let me know that it got there fine (they're in another state). The son got home from school and loved it she said he must have played it for five hours that first night. :D

That's what it's all about (the love of an instrument is at least). 15 and in love with your hot new axe, what could be better? :love: :love:

Makes me feel pretty good. I gave up on the thought of becoming a rock and roll legend years ago. But I may as well spread a little joy around when I get the chance. Maybe he'll make it big and hook me up on easy street.
Here's to dreaming gang :yeah: