The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Fri 29 Mar 2024 12:00 AM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Sat 10 Apr 2010 02:03 PM 
Virtuoso

Time for more info on the 1984 catalogue:

NEW AVENGER SERIES:
.......Models: 315, 315T (Tremolo): one piece honey maple necks, both available in red and black
.................315 T - X, 325 TD - X : featuring graphlex necks and all-black hardware, colors: red and black
.................Avenger basses: 315 B: one piece honey maple neck, 1 P-bass pickup
.....................................325 BX: graphlex neck, 1 bass humbucker, colours: black, white
X-SERIES:
.......Models: 33 TD, 33 TD-X (graphlex neck) : 3 single coils, 5-way switch, avail. in red and black
.................38 TD-X, 77 TD-X : graphlex necks, SSH pup-configuration, pearl white, black & black/red
.................99 -X, 99TD - X: in pearlwhite or hightech black, thruneck, "x-pender" circuity?
.................basses: 33 B -X: graphlex neck, combination pickups, black,red or white, fretless also avail.
.......................... 77 B -X: colour: graphlex neck and black/grey combi body
...........................99 B -X, 99 B -X headless :thrunecks with graphlex neck+body, superhumbuckers
INVADER:
.......Models: 1 (one pickup), 2 (two pickups): exclusive Invader body with graphlex neck, red & black
.......(1 pickup version not in catalogue!)
"BASICALLY HOT" SERIES:
.......Models: 315 S, 315 ST, 315 STX, 315 B (bass), 315 SB (bass)
.......all: economy priced series of guitars and basses featuring mat finish colours, open lace pickups,
...........and either maple or graphlex necks

graphlex package: includes black hardware and graphite coloured neck !!!
some of the T-(tremolo)models were available without tremolo also.

:D , J.

Last edited by mozart on Fri 28 Jan 2011 02:29 AM, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun 11 Apr 2010 11:24 AM 
Virtuoso

New researches have brought me to the realization, that this (late?) 1984 catalogue has been valid for the whole year 1985 ! You can find this catalogue's models with serial numbers starting with 4, 5 and even 6!

PostPosted: Sun 29 Jun 2014 11:12 AM 
Virtuoso

Lately I have been seeing a few Vantage models for sale which don't quite fit the cats on the information site, and of course I end up here at this post of the '84 cat. The trouble, as we're all aware, is that the scan is a bit too small and fuzzy to easily read the text.

Well I had a brain wave today (yes it still happens on occasion, using my 2 or 3 remaining brain cells). Having tried unsuccessfully to "sharpen" the image, I started fiddling with inverting the image, on the premise that sometimes changing the colour contrast makes blurry text makes it easier to read.

For all the graphics folks out there, I made the following images by inverting the blue channel. The result still isn't spectacular but I think it is a bit easier to read?

The trick then is to use your browser to enlarge the image:
Hold the Ctrl + Shift key down and toggle with the + and - keys (or if you have a scroll wheel on your mouse, hold the Ctrl key only and use the wheel to dial in the desired size)

PostPosted: Mon 05 Oct 2015 12:33 PM 
Virtuoso

Corsair wrote:
Is there anyway at all to enlarge them without degrading the quality, do you know?

Let me see what I can do with them. I have just about every graphics editing program known to man save for Photoshop. I'll post them in this thread for approval before adding them to the site.

Thanks GD!!!!

PostPosted: Mon 05 Oct 2015 12:40 PM 
Virtuoso

No good. There's too much compression degradation. C**p.

PostPosted: Mon 05 Oct 2015 07:42 PM 
Virtuoso

:D

Shame, too, I've got one of those pictured - Av 315 - and briefly had another - X-99, which now lives with Don!

PostPosted: Fri 20 May 2016 07:33 AM 
Prospective Member

Hi Guys new to the forum, the guitar in the main photo is a 33-TDX which I own. I live Australia and own a few different models of Vantage guitars. The Australian distributor for Vantage is still in business and I will see if they have any old cataloged information still on hand, they started bring in Chinese made acoustics with the old logo on the head stock.
anyway great to see other musician out there that still respect quality made guitars.

Ned59

PostPosted: Fri 20 May 2016 04:43 PM 
Virtuoso

Hi, there Ned...

.... are you talking about Dynamic Music Enterprises in Melbourne? I bought my VA900 there in 1980/81 and in about 2009 when I became a little more interested in the brand, contacted them about just this! They couldn't help then but go hard, mate; you never know what they may have dug up in the intervening years!!

Welcome here.... what have you got.... show us!! :D

PostPosted: Sat 06 Aug 2016 11:22 PM 
Virtuoso

There's another Invader variant I've just spotted on Reverb....

... white with fixed bridge & through body stringing, possibly from 85, also.

https://reverb.com/au/item/2067259-vant ... 00512-used

Will it never end?! :roll: :D

PostPosted: Sun 07 Aug 2016 09:37 AM 
Virtuoso

Looks in decent shape (except for missing knobs) but yikes, the price! I'm aware of LA Music, and they've never been known for offering up any bargains.

If you look at their web site you'd think they had a massive warehouse, but the reality is that it's a modest sized store and they post an online catalogue of just about every model in the known universe which they don't physically have on the premises. They'll get it though, and charge accordingly.