The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Tue 14 May 2024 03:28 AM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun 04 Oct 2009 08:37 AM 
Axe Slinger

Hi guys. Any of you lucky sods score the VS600R, allegedly a '79 make? Looked quite nice. Methinks this may be an Australian record? 1 bidder took it for BIN $935.

BTW, I just remembered one fellow forum-fellow asked me privately to photograph the electrics on my Canora/Kay LP built-in FX jobby. Sorry, just remembered. If it was you, can you let me know?, as I have some time in the coming days.

For your amusement, have a look at my collection of MIJ, MIA , oddballs and cheapy mods.....

http://private.s3productions.com.au/guitars/

regards to all,

GS

PostPosted: Sun 04 Oct 2009 09:16 AM 
Virtuoso

Nice web page and great line up... :up:

You have toys for all events! :D

P.

PostPosted: Sun 04 Oct 2009 09:27 AM 
Virtuoso

I just had a look at the auction.... :o :o :o

That almost outbid all VA900 that i've seen and this is a VS600.... :o :-? :toopid: :loon:

All I can say is WOW....

P. :o

PostPosted: Sun 04 Oct 2009 03:32 PM 
Virtuoso

Jee-zus - someone wanted that real bad!! Nice guitar, but AU$935? Hmmm.....

Yeah, nice selection you have there - I like the DX but then any Spectrum will do it for me!! Should have MMK45's; even my old ST has 'em.... and it's brutal! Nice Skylark, too, :up:
Eugenie reminds me of an Ibanez LP Recording I had a long, long time ago except bugger-all of the switches and knobs actually did anything on that!! :rofl:

PostPosted: Sun 04 Oct 2009 07:12 PM 
Axe Slinger

Thanks guys.

The $935 Vantage looked nice from the pickkies, and the case lining didn't seem to have any of the browny disclourations that they seem to get; seemed pristine.

Thanks for comments guys. The Canora LP's 'FX' seem to be the same circuitboard that kicked around Kays, Kents, Pearls & Univoxes over the years. I think it's Korean, as other forum-sharers have pointed out to me. The FX actually do work, if not underwhelming. It's a nice guitar and weighs a ton.

The Magnafluxes on the Spectrum are actually a mixed blessing, of sorts. No, they are certainly not MMK45s in terms of output, but for a bucker guitar it really sounds good with the Boss AC3 Acoustic Sim pedal (even when not split). Not all buckers do, as it's usually single coils that give a realistic acoustic sim with these types of pedals. So, it has aquired new diversity.

I know it's a MIJ forum, but I can assure you the little Chinese cheapies are now very playable. Linseed the wood to season it/add weight and substantialness (is that a word?), scour EBay for good upgrade parts, and Wilkinson pickups are very cheap and very good. Each one has a place and a purpose for a variety of songs, no kidding. Occasionally ya lash out and buy a 'name' brand pup. And do have a guitar in your collections that bypasses all pots - like a veil lifted off the whole thing; screams for the right songs.