The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Thu 18 Apr 2024 02:50 AM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Sat 21 Apr 2012 01:58 PM 
Virtuoso

GD K9 wrote:
Heya suedpolgang, welcome here! Please introduce yourself a little bit more, you're obviously struck by the Jap Vantage virus :P

+ 1

Thank's for pointing out the neck differences... I had a look at my files and, yes... Early 600's had the dark stained mahogany necks since the guitar was mahogany... Something we knew from the catalog but dismissed it since it quickly changed to Maple necks..

Good on you to call it .... :up:

It should be noted in the Vantage timeline if not already done so...

I now need one of these.... :D

PostPosted: Sun 22 Apr 2012 08:04 AM 
Virtuoso

Quote:
Frenchy wrote:
It should be noted in the Vantage timeline if not already done so...

done! :wink:

PostPosted: Tue 24 Apr 2012 07:56 AM 
Gallery Friend

Yes, I'm a Vantage Lover! I guess they are well builded Guitars. When I was young, I even had not the money for a new Guitar, so I bought used Guitars and played them over a Turntableplayer Needle. It sounded crazy, but I had not an amp, so that was the only way to get a E-Guitar played loud enough. On the Music Fair in Frankfurt i saw that great Vantage Avenger x-35. Immediately I was in love. The Sound was pretty and I saved money to buy it and I got it, my first NEW e-Guitar. I bought a little Amp a month later and that Amp was great to. I could used the Amp in the Car, over 12V Cigarette Plug. Great Sound even to and I had the Guitar and the little Amp often with me. I think it was 84 when I bought it and still the Guitar is mine. The x-35 was many years not played and I preferred the Fender Stratocaster, but two Month ago I plugged her in und started to play and the love came back immediately. I had given a Concert in March and I played her the whole evening, it was great. Next Friday it will be the same. No Problem for her, she is strong enough to do that. The Tone is great and it sounds much better as the Fender Stratocaster. The VS600 and Ghost I bought some weeks ago, because I recognized that my Frets going low and before I didnt get them anymore to play, I wanted to have enough of that great Guitars in Stock. The VS600 has to be restored. The Ghost its ok like it is. I'm still searching every day for some other Models. I'm happy to be in that Forum and happy about my choice so many years ago!!!

Vantage FV575 (sold)
Vantage Ghost
Vantage Avenger X-35
Vantage VSH 445