The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Thu 28 Mar 2024 03:19 AM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Great deal on a Skylark!
PostPosted: Thu 02 Sep 2004 03:15 AM 
Virtuoso

Hey, check out the great price I got on this Skylark! Wow!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3744943566

:rofl:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 02 Sep 2004 11:09 PM 
Virtuoso

ok, it wasn't that funny. but yes, the name skylark is also used for a modern line of cheap acoustic guitars.

i like small guitars, especially small inexpensive ones. makes it easy to carry to the beach or campsite without worrying about leaving your Les Paul sitting on a picnic table all night.

we now return you to your regularly scheduled guitar mania...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 03 Sep 2004 12:24 PM 
Okay, I realize now that the :rofl: was a pun on the name, and not excitement over the great price. I was afraid to say anything at first.

For that price it's hard to buy a plastic kid's toy guitar these days. I am guessing the name Skylark had fallen into oblivion since the only run was many years ago and a chinese company picked it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 04 Sep 2004 12:07 AM 
Virtuoso

Its pretty easy to guess a seller isn't a guitar player when one of the things they tell you is how long the guitar is. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 04 Sep 2004 12:48 AM 
That's a good point. Then it makes me wonder how they were able to determine it was in great working condition and what criteria was used. I'm sure it will be fine though, and it's going to capable hands if not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 04 Sep 2004 12:51 AM 
Virtuoso

yes... even more so when they tell you how many strings it has (5!). I read an auction the other night in which the seller explained that the lowest string had been tuned down to a D, but that it could be easily tuned back up to E without any problem! (whew!)

I have lately been spending time in music stores playing kids' classical guitars. I actually found a really great sounding 3/4 size for $75, but didn't want to spend it at the time. But it's been making me want to have a guitar for taking on motorcycle trips- the last time I didnt have one with me and it drove me crazy.

Besides, it drives music store employees crazy, I am a break from the non-stop run of kids who can't play, I look like I am an adult who could actually buy one of their overpriced LPs hanging on the wall... and there I am playing classical guitar on a kids' instrument...

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed 06 Jan 2010 07:14 PM 
Axe Slinger

X189player wrote:
yes... even more so when they tell you how many strings it has (5!). I read an auction the other night in which the seller explained that the lowest string had been tuned down to a D, but that it could be easily tuned back up to E without any problem! (whew!)

Just posting to point out how funny that was