The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Thu 28 Mar 2024 11:37 PM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 23 Apr 2004 03:49 PM 
Axe Slinger

here you go bob :D

another one waiting for you

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 77812&rd=1

besides the pickup being changed on this one, i think the pickguard and truss rod cover have been as well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 29 Apr 2004 04:14 PM 
Thanks for that Leia! the bids been placed! now to find out how much shipping to the uk is :blush:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 30 Apr 2004 12:23 PM 
:x got out bid! oh well maybe next time (i hope there is one)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 30 Apr 2004 03:14 PM 
Axe Slinger

oh well... maybe it was just as well... that one was getting pretty pricey considering it had been modded

good luck on your continuing search

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 01 May 2004 10:16 AM 
yeah it had started to get a bit pricey even when you factor in that the exchange rate is in my favour ( $1.80= £1).

PostPosted: Mon 28 Feb 2011 11:41 AM 
Axe Slinger

In regards to Mann Guitars. They were made by Ibanez or at least in their factory. For some legal reason they could not bring in Ibanez guitars into Canada (many countries). West Coast Musical instruments was their distributor in Vancouver BC. These are good playing instruments and are now going up in price. I have a Les Paul copy with the original small shaped hard case. It is as good as any I have played. Very fast low action and deadly at never going out of tune. It is a dead copy of Gibson 2350 if you look in the old Gibby catalogue. Musicians in Western Canada know these are good basic instruments and last forever. Mine is 35 years old and still looks new. Visually people like it as much as any of my expensive guitars. Gold trim etc.
I also have a Mann 12 string which is pretty decent as well. Nice and bright for recording folksongs etc. It is always good to have a pair of every brand you buy. It was about $175 and the Les Paul was $275. I now see them in the $450-$600 range for mint so I assume the only way now is up for them.
Like buying any guitar....give it a good look-over for cracks. Then for string height/neck straightness. High strings can mean bent or twisted neck=garbage. Usually after 30 years a player would have the action as low as possible without fret buzz. You wont be disappointed in your Mann if it is well set up. The pickups in mine are very good and clear as well. Fit and finish is excellent. No Checking on any I have seen. Play the heck out of it and enjoy. They rock!
In England called a different name. In Australia another etc. Cannot remember but will post if I can find.

PostPosted: Mon 07 Mar 2011 10:16 AM 
Power Chorder

theres a univox Luvy guitar on ebay right now...looked like its been a little butchered though