The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Thu 18 Apr 2024 08:53 PM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Lyle W 445
PostPosted: Sun 22 May 2011 04:55 AM 
Prospective Member

Hello

Looking for some info on this acoustic that I came into possession of.. Found a little bit of history of who made and sold them, what I'm trying to figure out is when it was made.. On the back of the headstock is a sticker with A-1882 hand written on it, inside on the neck joint are two stamped numbers, the top number is either 170 or 172 (the 2 looks like 0 was stamped over top of it) and below is stamped 03126. Also on the label is stamped in red 2196.. Anyway here are some pics:

I know it's at least early 70s because I vaguely recall my grandfather playing this right around the time I was in kindergarten so that places it around 1972-73.. Any more info would be appreciated. Other than some fret wear and a ding here or there, the thing is in very good shape, however value is of no concern, not for sale.. I would just like to pin a better date on it.

Thanks