The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Thu 28 Mar 2024 11:55 PM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Mon 29 Feb 2016 03:48 PM 
Virtuoso

gregho wrote:
They were produced by Matsumoku in Japan (which is where the most famous brands Aria Pro II, Vantage, Ibanez).

Mat did not produce Ibanez... and I can tell you these are Korean. My bass which is in the pict came with the Made in Korea sticker and is exactly like the one you provided in the link...

There are so many different builders in the 70 and 80`s... guitars are not all made at the same place as Aria and Ibanez...

Please bear in mind that Hondo and Kay were in mass production in the 70`s out of Korea.... under all kind of names...

PostPosted: Mon 29 Feb 2016 04:00 PM 
Gallery Friend

gregho wrote:

Thanks for finding this. A lefty fretless, I thought mine was rare! Interesting, that bass pictured has the same bridge. It also has the blade pickups that were broken in mine. Good thing I hung on to them as they are probably fixable.

These basses must have been popular in Germany. Most of the searches I've done come up in German.

Brian

PostPosted: Mon 29 Feb 2016 04:05 PM 
Gallery Friend

Frenchy wrote:
gregho wrote:
They were produced by Matsumoku in Japan (which is where the most famous brands Aria Pro II, Vantage, Ibanez).

Mat did not produce Ibanez... and I can tell you these are Korean. My bass which is in the pict came with the Made in Korea sticker and is exactly like the one you provided in the link...

There are so many different builders in the 70 and 80`s... guitars are not all made at the same place as Aria and Ibanez...

Please bear in mind that Hondo and Kay were in mass production in the 70`s out of Korea.... under all kind of names...

Well, it is the internet. Anybody can say anything. Especially if they are trying to sell something. Saying or implying it's Matsumoku built could increase the desireability. I mean that is how I found this place...all the searches that come up "assume" it's Mat built.

Brian

PostPosted: Mon 29 Feb 2016 04:59 PM 
Power Chorder

'I am sorry for my mistake :roll: (Ibanez)

PostPosted: Mon 29 Feb 2016 05:01 PM 
Power Chorder

http://www.musiker-board.de/threads/c-g ... oku-vb-280€.605674/