The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Mon 29 Apr 2024 09:18 PM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: lyle c640
PostPosted: Mon 17 Jan 2011 08:18 AM 
Prospective Member

I have a Lyle 6 string acoustic that needs some work. The guitar is about 37+ years old but only has about 1 years play on it. unfortunately we were not smart enough to de-string it before storage so I will have to replace all the string adjusters and the bridge (i think that is what you call it) has come unglued I learned on this guitar for about a year and then switched to the trap set. I would like to resurrect it and relearn how to play it so I can teach my kids. You just can't pack a 5 piece were ever you go. I have heard it is a Gibson copy were can I find parts for this guitar. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sparky
1974 (I believe) Lyle model c 640

Post subject: Re: lyle c640
PostPosted: Mon 17 Jan 2011 01:43 PM 
Virtuoso

Hi pictures showing as much detail as possible would help. Be aware that you would be doing this as a learning/sentimental experience. The market value of old Lyle acoustics is just not that high. T

hat said new tuners and re-gluing the bridge should not be that hard. You will want to check the condition of the neck before starting though. If it was left strung up it is highly likely that the neck has warped. You may be able to correct and problems with a truss rod adjustment though.

Post subject: Re: lyle c640
PostPosted: Mon 17 Jan 2011 05:55 PM 
Prospective Member

I believe I can do the work myself if I can find the proper parts I need. It is definably amateur hour on this project but as I said I am using it to relearn so perfection is way in the future. If some one could hook me up with a good websight that a novice can manuever in and source for the proper glue that would be great.
Here are a couple pics and again thanks for any help you can give.
ok fantastic as soon as I find a way to reduce my pic size I will send them in