The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Sat 18 May 2024 10:28 PM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed 12 Oct 2011 12:23 AM 
Gallery Friend

Hey friends, I have a Westbury bass that I bought a couple months ago at an antique fair. Anyways as you can tell someone did a botched up job on rigging it together and I'm looking to get it fixed up a bit. The pick guard is the piece I'm looking to replace and maybe even the pups, still something I'm thinking about. How much do you think I can sell it for the way it is? And how much do you think I can get for it after I have another pick guard put on it, clean it up etc.? Also, any feelings on what kind of pick guard I need for it? I mean a Fender looks too narrow around the knobs so I doubt that will work. Any ideas?? :cheers:

PostPosted: Wed 12 Oct 2011 11:46 AM 
Virtuoso

With some cleanup this should be a nice bass. It probably is a Matt. Those Matt "P" bass pups are nice. I don't think you could improve on them without spending some series money. Your best bet for the pickguard is to use the old one as a template to cut a new one.

PostPosted: Wed 12 Oct 2011 11:47 PM 
Gallery Friend

Cool, I appreciate the info. I'm gonna look around a bit more like maybe a couple of weeks then it's time for me to get busy with this babe. :) Anyone here ever buy a plastic sheet from StewMac or anywhere else and take on a project fixing a pick guard? Any tips? How did you cut (what did you use) it etc.?

If you had this bass would you simply sell it or fix it up? :look: