The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Thu 25 Apr 2024 09:48 PM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue 21 May 2013 08:36 AM 
Axe Slinger

I'm in the process of tryiing to find a machinist who will make replacement saddles for our Aria ProII TS and Cardinal. These are the tall saddles that have the intonation screw on one side (offset). I'll post a pic later today of the stock saddle. If I can make it happen this would be a one time group buy. I want spares for my own guitars, but this won't happen if we can't get enough guys to commit. This would all be on actual cost basis, I'm not looking to make any money off this, just getting some new parts for my vintage guitar.

PostPosted: Tue 21 May 2013 01:35 PM 
Virtuoso

There has been a lot of discussion about this and I might be in for a set if they aren't too expensive. Also, if they were closed in the back like a strat saddle, the problem would probably go away.

Quality service since 3:00 last Tuesday

PostPosted: Sat 22 Jun 2013 03:24 PM 
Power Chorder

I had to get some new saddles when I was fixing up a TS-600. I had a couple that were broken. This guitar was also being modified at the same time with a Jerry Garcia style wiring system and three humbuckers. The guy who did the work ended up getting offset saddles that fit an American standard Strat. In order to compensate for the shorter height of these saddles, he shimmed up under the bridge plate with ebony wood. So that's another way to deal with the problem. The whole project turned out well. If you want to see the guitar, go to rukind.com and search Jerryfied Aria. Pictures were posted this year.

PostPosted: Sat 22 Jun 2013 03:27 PM 
Power Chorder

Regarding that search, it's actually "Jerrified Aria" that will get you there in the Grateful Dead Music Forums. Was misspelled by the builder.

PostPosted: Sat 22 Jun 2013 09:26 PM 
Virtuoso

The old bridge shim is how most people "fix" this.

Quality service since 3:00 last Tuesday