The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Fri 29 Mar 2024 01:47 AM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Thu 29 Mar 2012 11:16 AM 
Gallery Friend

Apologies for posting here, PLMK when you will be selling these. I need a B&G bridge for a rebuild and was directed your way to possibly get one.

Thanks

G

PostPosted: Thu 03 May 2012 08:52 AM 
Virtuoso

Hi again everyone. I've had several emails from various people here, Talkbass and a couple of other places interested in me milling new hardware. The numbers are still not very promising I am afraid. Having plugged everything through my spreadsheet to help me work out the item cost to end users, a fully loaded unplated brass SB bridge would cost about €80 and separate saddle sets about €30.

I regard this as high compared to what I was hoping to hit and it is getting towards Hipshot and Gotoh prices, and despite these being custom items I can't see everybody who showed initial intent following up, meaning I would be running a very real risk of a significant financial loss going forward on these figures and I am in no position to take financial risks.

It is possible that I might again have free-r access to a machine shop later this year, however for the moment I don't think that I can consider renting or buying machinery in for this project. I'm not disappearing of course, so if any movement occurs then this will be the first place you will read about it. :)

PostPosted: Thu 03 May 2012 10:18 AM 
Virtuoso

I don't think your prices are high. Why not ask for and get enough commitments with a partial payment deposit?

PostPosted: Thu 03 May 2012 02:32 PM 
Virtuoso

These are prices that would leave me at a break-even point. I'll ping a few emails out to contact interested parties, however I think those figures will go up as numbers go down so to speak. As much as I would love this to happen (I'm a born maker) I have to be realistic and numbers don't lie. You're right in that people would need to dollar up before I commit. I'll sleep on it and see what responses I get back over the weekend. I am not convinced however that 100% of interested parties will stay with their initial interest. Just the way of things.

Bear with me as I need to confirm with other people of course, however it is not looking favourable at present.