The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Fri 29 Mar 2024 01:33 AM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Schematic.....
PostPosted: Thu 28 Jun 2012 12:47 AM 
Virtuoso

Wiring schematic needed for the Urchin, fellas, as I desoldered everything before we left Jersey and now, of course, can't find the piece of paper I drew up at the time! Typical...

Just to be clear, it's a U60T with the 2x h/b, 3 way switch and 3 control knobs ...

Help me, please...

Oh, btw,...... it's hanging in the shed here getting its clear coats!!

Post subject: Re: Schematic.....
PostPosted: Thu 28 Jun 2012 09:49 AM 
Virtuoso

I don't have a schematic mate, but here are a couple of incidental shots of the wiring in mine taken during the tear down
(http://www.matsumoku.org/ggboard/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6058&hilit=u60t&start=30#p37265)

I found the originals and blew them up a bit:

Might give you enough of a clue. Doesn't look too tricky??
If you need better shots, shout, and I'll take some new ones but I can't remember if I changed anything on the reinstall. Don't think so.

PostPosted: Thu 28 Jun 2012 05:25 PM 
Virtuoso

Oh, no....... It's not going to work!!

My wirings blue....

:rofl: :rofl:

Thanks, man....

PostPosted: Fri 29 Jun 2012 08:52 AM 
Virtuoso

Its a pretty simple wiring scheme. Question though, how many wires are on the lead coming out of your pups? It is common for MMK 45's to have three. If so you will have to determine which is the coil cut and which is the full HB. Use a meter, one probe on the ground and than one on each lead. The lead with the higher resistance is the HB. Unless you are going to modify the wiring to take advantage of the coil cut, the full HB is the one for you.

I don't have a drawing program but will try and talk you through the storm. The grounds all go to a ground I would run the ground from each pup to the back of its tone pot. A short jumper should go between the back of the volume pot and the nearest tone pot. Than the tone pot closest to the jack should be connected to the ground on the jack (sleeve part). Also wire a ground from the body of the pup switch. There should be a wire from the jack to the bridge. make sure it has a solid connection with the bridge. The exact order the ground wires go is not important as long as they are all connected in either a line or a star type pattern. You want to avoid having a loop.

The tone pots should have a resistor going between the middle lug and the back this lug is your output. Assuming you are re-using the pots you should be able to tell which of the outer lugs was used before. Run the hot lead from each pup to the outer lug on its tone pot. Your pup switch will have either three or six lugs. If it has six, just pick a side and ignore the other. The output from the tone pot wires go onto each outer lug. The middle lug is the output.

Take the switch output and wire it to the outer lug of the volume pot that was used before. The middle lug is your output. That goes to the hot part of the jack (tip). There you have it.