The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Fri 29 Mar 2024 01:01 AM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Sun 13 Jan 2013 10:47 AM 
Axe Slinger

I think I hit submit twice.

PostPosted: Sun 13 Jan 2013 05:21 PM 
Virtuoso

good grief! Where do you live that you can keep your house at 40 percent humidity.I live in the Denver area and I run 2 humidifiers day and night and can only keep my humidity around 28 percent.of course there a kind of small humidifiersbut I believe I'm pumping about 3 gallons of water a day into my air.

PostPosted: Mon 14 Jan 2013 05:45 PM 
Axe Slinger

I have read Colorado is one of the worst places for low Humidity! I have read everything I can find on Guitar Humidifiers, yet RSBBass is as good of source as I can Find! That Individual is very, very knowledgeable! I am a Lucky OM to have this expert advice for Free. For the present time I reside in Illinois....near St. Louis, Mo. Believe me when I say this: in the Summers a Human Being needs "gills" like a fish in order to separate the oxygen from the water in the air! Humidity....Dew Point levels are unbelievable.....sometimes we have no real Winters...not this year (so far) it has been extremely cold....but my Relative Humidity has never dipped below 41-43 %. At the moment, it is below freezing outside and in my house is at 47% Relative Humidity. The Gauges are dead on accurate also. Two days ago, the Temps were in the 60's and the Humidity was up to 51-52%.. I spoke with my good Friend and Heating & Air Man also. He told me each house is different too! I purchased a Kyser sound hole humidifier....it was the only one the local Music store had. I had no choice...I used it and was very careful to follow the instructions as well as RSBBass's. I did not submerse the device in water...I used a syringe ( wife is an RN) to put water in the sponge. After RSBBass told me 40% was OK I have taken it out and I may never use it again!