The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Thu 28 Mar 2024 04:11 AM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Lefty Falcon
PostPosted: Thu 23 Apr 2009 03:11 AM 
Power Chorder

Hi G3H: in response - no filler or obvious damage showing on the body. Just the odd ding. Some buckle rash on the back. I just took the cover plate off the electrics, and was expecting to find a PCB, but there wasn't one. Also the electrics cavity is uniformly all matt black, right undrneath and around the pots and switches, so maybe it's not a respray - you wouldn't necessarily go so far as to remove and then reinstall the contents of the electrics cavity to do a respray, would you?
Anyway, enough about my Falcon, it was actually a lefty A20 I wanted....

PostPosted: Thu 23 Apr 2009 04:18 AM 
Virtuoso

Electronics cavity of a Falcon is painted with RFI repellant,black paint stock-while the Eagle has the solution of a fabricated farradys box out of metal.
IOW,the matt black paint is stock within the electronics cavity and not a matter of a respray.

PostPosted: Thu 23 Apr 2009 10:13 AM 
Power Chorder

Racing, I don't think I'm going to catch you out.....not on this subject, anyway - thanks for the info, I'm learning...

PostPosted: Fri 24 Apr 2009 05:54 AM 
Virtuoso

Well, if there's apparently no damage to the body and you're up for a challenge you can give it a try to take off the black paintjob.. if you prefer it to be back to original in the first place of course.

As far as i know all the B- and C- model Wings (Hawk/Falcon/Eagle/Vulture 2 p.u. version) have the electronics on a PCB in a metal "lunchbox".. the only Wing with the anti-RFI black cavity-paint i've seen so far is the 2008 Anniversary Eagle... but that one's certainly off topic :roll: Unfortunately a lot of the old Wings are modified by their owners, you see a lot of cases where the original pickups are no longer there and sometimes the PCB's are taken out aswell to make it easier to experiment with different wiring options.

Anyway.. i'm happy finally a lefty showed up and i hope you will enjoy this guitar! :up:

H.