The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Thu 18 Apr 2024 01:26 AM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: BBR
PostPosted: Mon 03 Aug 2009 12:41 AM 
Virtuoso

Frenchy wrote:
Hi Racing,

Nice looking piece of hardware you have there... Love the red on black... very stunning. I know nothing of these so will let you discover on your own and read up on your discoveries...

Looking forward to reading more on her in the treasure thread...

P.

Hey Frenchy, I'm surprised you've never seen one...they used to sell them at "The Music Shop", here in Plattsburgh ( it used to be at the corner, near the mall, next to the gas station).
I played that same "Tele" clone there, and I thought the trems were called "Wonderbars". :D

PostPosted: Wed 05 Aug 2009 01:07 AM 
Virtuoso

From what i´ve come to understand the wonderbars come in various settings.
Pics are up under members treasures,and this particular one is clearly marked-see the pictures.

If you guys recall that HM-5V i used to own up til quite recently i expected this to be on par with that,and nothing could have been further from the truth.
This BBR is one serious instrument.

In my experience one feature as well as drawback with many of the Uncle Mat guitars is all the bells n whistles from time to time.
As the instrument grows "wider" with all the splits,phase,boosters asf it often loses the edge of a particular setting.
Not so in this case.
No matter if you run it HB or split the guitar still excels within a given character,which i have to say really amazed me in the most positive of ways.

Likewise with the blend of materials.
A tele rarely carries a mahogony neck,and the truth to me at least is that it fits the BBR just perfect.

Altho still a relatively light axe-i mean all teles are-it´s much more sturdy feeling than a regular F tele.
In short,think what you want about the colour setup,but whatever you do do NOT dismiss this as a poor attempt to put a somewhat different axe together cause they indeed got this one right IMO.

Being a BBR brings the colouring....and up close IRL it honestly isn´t all bad.Different,but by no means bad.
Axe isn´t beutiful in my book.It´s just simply cool

PostPosted: Wed 05 Aug 2009 11:37 PM 
Virtuoso

Pretty striking guitar...you know, in a traffic cone sorta way. :lol:
Seriously though, it grows on you the more you look at it.

Should be a big hit at Hallowe'en!
(sorry, thought I was finished)

PostPosted: Thu 06 Aug 2009 12:31 AM 
Virtuoso

:D .
Yup.
Come november... :rofl:

TBH tho,i recap.

I guess the colourscheme made it flop as a model more than anything else.
Thing is that this BBR is one of those few guitars lately that has really impressed me.
For instance..if i pick an Eagle up i to a degree know what to expect.
Not so with this one,and i also presume that a lot of the assumptions come from the tele form.

This is by any measure a very high quality bolt neck guitar,and it really really really delivers the goods.
Colourscheme and "font" however makes it....odd,and as such i guess you could say it makes the axe "directed" in one direction.
Ie;you would wrap it around you for certain live gigs and event that go with the style of it.

Nope.
Not finished by any means.
Will be shortly though,and when it is there will be more up close and nasty ones in the proper post i members treasures. :look: