The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Mon 29 Apr 2024 05:38 PM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat 08 Jun 2019 12:36 PM 
Virtuoso

I've forgotten to show my bass from 1985 that I obtained about ten years ago from the original purchaser. A beautiful piece with nearly no use - NO scratches, dings or dongs - so it was probably NEVER even played , but well kept.

It is definitely the Deluxe II, even tho the headstock reads RSB Deluxe. Possibly due to the European marketing differences.

Oh, well... I can't seem to be able to upload a 121KB photo. "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." ?!?

Uncle Mats ES-500, RS Wildcat, RSB Deluxe, FS-750, Magna MA 30 (non-Mat), TA-61 non-Mat), a Westone limited run/proto Thunder and an OAKLAND (Westone) XI100.

Pete

PostPosted: Sat 08 Jun 2019 03:26 PM 
Virtuoso

I don't know.... I never used the board photo uploader; I used to upload to Photobucket and then c+ p the links into my posts here.

PostPosted: Tue 11 Jun 2019 07:55 AM 
Virtuoso

Really don't prefer these photosharing sites. Getting burned by Photobucket kinda soured me on them, but I'll try with my Flickr account:

ImageDSCF6493a by staubkorb, auf Flickr

Uncle Mats ES-500, RS Wildcat, RSB Deluxe, FS-750, Magna MA 30 (non-Mat), TA-61 non-Mat), a Westone limited run/proto Thunder and an OAKLAND (Westone) XI100.

Pete

PostPosted: Tue 11 Jun 2019 09:43 AM 
Virtuoso

(I hear ya about Photobucket! :x )

That is one beautiful instrument! Is that one of the Black and Gold series?

PostPosted: Tue 11 Jun 2019 10:17 AM 
Virtuoso

Right on, Barry!

I'm not sure if it is from the B&G series - haven't researched that far and the Euro marketing practice is quite different with respect to model designations/descriptions - but the thing is spotless! I doubt it's ever been played (except by me :hyper: ). The only issue is with a dirty selector that I simply haven't yet gotten around to cleaning :-? . With the long-scale neck, it IS a bit cumbersome for me with my average length fingers, but it is capable of everything I can throw at it. The dual-tone and coil-cut switches were (and still are) a bit confusing and it took me a while to half-way figure the sequences out.

Just recently getting more active, having to practically re-learn everything...

Pete

PostPosted: Tue 11 Jun 2019 08:29 PM 
Virtuoso

ExFender wrote:
...Just recently getting more active, having to practically re-learn everything...

Going through much the same thing. I've been focused on my computers and related IT stuff for far too long while my guitars sit on their stands collecting dust. :puppyeyes:

I've been dealing with creeping arthritis in my fingers for years and if I don't play they're as useless as boobs on a bull. Can't play geetar neither! :D