The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Tue 14 May 2024 06:58 PM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: MY 5 UNCLE MAT'S from NZ
PostPosted: Fri 27 Jul 2012 06:15 AM 
Prospective Member

Howdy all. New to this forum, cant believe ive only just found it, what a great source of info. Ive been collecting Matsumoku guitars for about 10years, ever since i found a stripped back beat up old Cardinal CSB 300 bass, which i have played ever since. Heres some pin ups of my small but growing collection.

ARIA PRO II CARDINAL CSB 300

ARIA PRO II CARDINAL CS 250

VANTAGE "THE GHOST" VP 750

ARIA PRO II CSB 300 (the original bass, which finally got the refinished she deserved after 10 years)

ARIA PRO II PE 1000GC (the pride of the collection)

Im looking for a few parts, the PE 1000GC is missing one original machine head and the original 6 selector knob. The CSB is missing the original tone/vol knobs and the Vantage is missing 3 og machine heads, any ideas or sources for parts.

Cheers Nick

PostPosted: Fri 27 Jul 2012 09:06 AM 
Virtuoso

Very Nice Nick :love:
Welcome
Keeping an eye on Ebay seems to be the best way to source parts for me.
Cheers.

My Guitars

PostPosted: Fri 27 Jul 2012 10:41 AM 
Virtuoso

Outstanding Nick! :love:
Welcome and thanks for the pix.

PostPosted: Fri 27 Jul 2012 06:05 PM 
Virtuoso

yes very nice collection
and the PE 1000GC is...
the gorgeous one

Congratulation!!!

PostPosted: Fri 27 Jul 2012 06:35 PM 
Virtuoso

Nice to see another kiwi on the board, too!! Love the GC, mate... Did you buy it in NZ?

And the gang are right in that the online auction houses are probably the best places to look for your bits and pieces, though I also recommend having a trawl through your local guitar shop parts bins!! Whereabouts in the Shaky Isles are you?

PostPosted: Fri 27 Jul 2012 10:18 PM 
Virtuoso

Motaudio wrote:
Howdy all. New to this forum, cant believe ive only just found it, what a great source of info.

Welcome aboard. You are correct in that it is a great source for info.
Some of the people around here know stuff :D
What sort of tuners are you after for the Vantage, would they be the black plastic looking jobs?

Thanks for the photos. You will soon learn that we love photos around here :hyper:

PostPosted: Sat 28 Jul 2012 10:36 AM 
Virtuoso

Holy Smokies that's a serious handful of models. Welcome aboard sir.

Warrn thanks you for your choice of color on that -1000. :lol: What a beauty!! :love: :love:

PostPosted: Sun 29 Jul 2012 05:44 PM 
Prospective Member

Corsair wrote:
Nice to see another kiwi on the board, too!! Love the GC, mate... Did you buy it in NZ?

And the gang are right in that the online auction houses are probably the best places to look for your bits and pieces, though I also recommend having a trawl through your local guitar shop parts bins!! Whereabouts in the Shaky Isles are you?

WOW cheers for the welcome team. Im based in Motueka Nelson Corsair, wheeling and dealing in 2nd hand audio/pa/instruments etc. Picked the GC up here in Nelson, was listed on trademe for 2 weeks without any takers, first week at $1250NZ and 2nd week $700. Couldnt help myself at that price.. The seller told me it was his 12yr old daughters guitar, but that she found it a lil heavy (no kidding), was originally bought in NZ from the US by guitar tutor in the late 80s.

eyebulger wrote:
Motaudio wrote:
Howdy all. New to this forum, cant believe ive only just found it, what a great source of info.

Welcome aboard. You are correct in that it is a great source for info.
Some of the people around here know stuff :D
What sort of tuners are you after for the Vantage, would they be the black plastic looking jobs?

Thanks for the photos. You will soon learn that we love photos around here :hyper:

Cheers eyebulger, i only have 3 of the original black plastic machine heads, so looking for the other 3, they are not the best but im a sucker for originality, this wont be playing this alot as i prefer to play the GC and/or a Hagstrom archtop.

PostPosted: Sun 29 Jul 2012 07:49 PM 
Virtuoso

Motaudio wrote:
Im based in Motueka Nelson Corsair, wheeling and dealing in 2nd hand audio/pa/instruments etc. Picked the GC up here in Nelson, was listed on trademe for 2 weeks without any takers, first week at $1250NZ and 2nd week $700. Couldnt help myself at that price.. The seller told me it was his 12yr old daughters guitar, but that she found it a lil heavy (no kidding), was originally bought in NZ from the US by guitar tutor in the late 80s.

Cool; I have a son who is a scientist in Nelson and my sister in law is just finishing a locum at the hospital there; I spent some happy times up there as a kid, eh!! A mate I used to hunt and generally have a good time with is from the Motueka area; Adair is his family name...

It's surprising what turns up in odd places in NZ; i think I saw that GC come up for grabs but I was living in the UK at the time and couldn't be bothered with all the faffing about of shipping or storing it... Good for you!! I missed an APII 1512 in Westport many years ago by about 2 hours..

PostPosted: Mon 30 Jul 2012 01:21 AM 
Virtuoso

Motaudio wrote:
so looking for the other 3

Rights, lefts or a mix of?