The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Sun 28 Apr 2024 06:25 AM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Sun 03 Apr 2011 06:15 PM 
Virtuoso

In hindsight, it looks more 'delicate' compared to the original logo. Maybe it should be :) .
Love you for the way you're taking on this reconstruction. However great my wife is, she would certainly kill me if I would use the bathroom for repaint purposes :P .

PostPosted: Sat 09 Apr 2011 04:27 PM 
Virtuoso

OK, She got wet sanded at the begining of the week and received 2 more oil coats this week.... I think 2 in the same week is to much... she is still sticky after 48 hrs... will slow down not to over do it to quickly and ruin my work...

PostPosted: Sat 09 Apr 2011 04:30 PM 
Virtuoso

She will get a couple of more coats.. a good wet sanding to level and a a couple more oil coats to finish her off... but will give her more time to dry between coats...

I really want to finish her before continuing on her sister....

P. :D

PostPosted: Sat 09 Apr 2011 05:03 PM 
Virtuoso

Yeah! Dead center there P! Much better than the Koreans :P And about to 'do' the sister too ... I'll just leave it there :D

PostPosted: Sat 09 Apr 2011 08:21 PM 
Virtuoso

Epic work Pierre!
At first I was sad to see the original two tone finish disappear but this is looking just great!
She's gonna be magnificent again.

PostPosted: Sat 09 Apr 2011 09:54 PM 
Virtuoso

Barry wrote:
Epic work Pierre!

+1
Looking good (very good) :up:

PostPosted: Fri 15 Apr 2011 10:36 AM 
Virtuoso

She got a quik coat at the beg of the week... gave her a light wet sanding Wednesday night and she will get another oil coat tonight... She is all cleaned up and waiting....

This natural oil finish is a long process.... :blush:

Will be taking the hardware out this weekend to start polishing it up... They say rain all weekend here...might as well get ready to put her back together.... :D

PostPosted: Sat 16 Apr 2011 11:55 AM 
Virtuoso

Good stuff Frenchy :up: , she is looking GOOOOD !! , but your putting bad ideas into my head . That stuff looks good naked and I've got that black VS600B that would match the rest of my Vantages nicely if it were stripped down . Must resist , I'm not ready to start a complete overhaul yet.

PostPosted: Mon 18 Apr 2011 12:36 PM 
Virtuoso

Lurchin wrote:
she is looking GOOOOD !! , but your putting bad ideas into my head . That stuff looks good naked and I've got that black VS600B that would match the rest of my Vantages nicely if it were stripped down . Must resist , I'm not ready to start a complete overhaul yet.

Thanks Lurch....

I would hold off on your black 600 unless it was really damaged... I like my black one very much....

Little update, she got a oil coat early Friday night... she got wet sanded Sunday morning... Decided to start cleaning the hardware sunday evening while watching TV. Here is 2 hours worth of work polishing cleaning the brass...

After that, decided to give her another oil coat sunday night, here she is this morning. The logo almost seems seemless at this point, almost there....

PostPosted: Thu 21 Apr 2011 10:20 AM 
Virtuoso

She got wet sanded and another oil coat yesterday night... I'm being really anal on this baby but want her as perfect as I can get her.... She will be my main Axe I am positive.... :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next