The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Fri 29 Mar 2024 08:16 AM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun 18 Dec 2005 02:47 PM 
I was feeding my eBay addiction, when I came across this ET-270 with a rare (to my knowledge, anyway) Fender style headstock. Has anybody seen one of these before?

BTW, it sold for $147.00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 26 Dec 2005 06:11 PM 
The pickups on that look like the pickups on Bruno MAxitone and Conquerors that I think were really Arias. They were 335 copies that were also sold as Univox.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 14 Feb 2006 04:06 AM 
Power Chorder

Cool :)

This particular series was made by Aria, so obviously those are Aria pickups. These guitars were marketed under several differerent brands in addition to Epi, including Tempo and Maestro. I had one of each at various times. Both had the Strat-type head, only the Epi version was different. Other than the headstock shape and the "E" on the pickguard, all 3 were identical. They probably ran out of the Epi necks one day and made a few guitars using the necks meant for the Tempo or Maestro versions to fill Gibson's order.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 22 Feb 2006 02:48 AM 
That guitar looks very familiar to me. When I was a very young I bought a new made in japan Epi strat style guitar with the strat style headstock. It must have been 1973 because I used it at a concert in my school that year. The pickups looked exactly like that but it had three pickups like a strat. I've often wondered about that guitar because I never saw one again.

As far as I remember it was a very good guitar, I still remember the price of the guitar but not all details about it! A friend bought a 1962 strat at the same time at the same price :o . A used Fender wasn't worth much back then.

Mike