The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Mon 29 Apr 2024 08:52 AM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed 30 Aug 2006 02:20 PM 
The Epiphone EA-260 that I just picked up has no serial number printed on the label in side the body. The bass is obviously the "real deal", any explanations as to why it has no serial number (blem etc)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 12 Sep 2006 09:19 PM 
Virtuoso

No explanation here, but if it helps, I have a EA-260 as well, and the serial number is printed on a sticker on the back of the neck plate, so it's somewhat understandable how it could be missing on a 35 year old guitar.

Mine also has the blue epiphone sticker on the inside with a space for the serial number, but no number there. As to why - I haven't a clue.

For the record, I think $260 for this bass is a great deal, got mine for $300 and don't regret it for a minute. Looks cool, sounds great, and is a gas to play.

Hope you have fun with yours!

Cheers.

PS. Does yours have chrome or black pick-up covers ? Mine are chrome,
but all the ones i've seen on ebay look like they are black.
just curious........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 28 Sep 2006 11:46 AM 
Thanks for the info and yes they will have to pry mine from my hands before they bury me. Mine has the black pickup covers. The only catalog picture that I have seen on the 260 has chrome pickup covers. I did find a catalog picture for the bass online (I don't remember where so you may have to look around) and the bass pictured in the catalog had chrome covers.