The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Mon 29 Apr 2024 02:09 PM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Fri 05 Oct 2012 09:32 PM 
Axe Slinger

I must make a correction to the actual song Joe Walsh & Michael Stanley were doing an impromptu version of, "Rosewood Bitters" is the song not "Lets get the Show on the road". Joe Walsh did cover both songs also! google the video, it is a 1993, poor quality video and audio yet, you can see Joe Walsh picking/Strumming in front of sound hole...Joe tells a joke also...I believe he may have been in an altered state of mind. Joe Walsh has done work with at least two of my midwest USA favorite Musicians. Michael Stanley and Dan Fogelberg's 1973 recording "Souvenirs". "As the Raven Flies" has Walsh, Henley, Frey, Meisner and Graham Nash all doing vocals on that cut. it is has a "watchtower" style and Eaglish style vocals, with some slide work also. Great old song from early 70's and a Rocker not the softer stuff that Fogelberg would do later on. It was a "staple" on FM Rock Radio before the corporate folks took over the 'airways"!!!!

PostPosted: Fri 21 Dec 2012 09:25 PM 
Axe Slinger

Friends, As I have stated I got this Epiphone flattop in October 1976."New" from the Music Store. I have "sad" (to me) News to report on the present condition of my FT-350 Acoustic Guitar. The bracing has come unglued....nothing broken....the glue has just give up, noticed a sag in "Top"..loosened all the strings....took the strings out of the bridge and was reaching in to see if the bracing was loose/unglued...see if the sag was going to come out....it did and when I reached in to feel around the top bracing....the Back cross brace...right under the sound hole was "completely" loose/unglued...I just brushed it with the back of my hand and it moved...was just sitting in the box. On the Tech Talk Page RSBBass has provided me invaluable information on the repair! After a few phone calls today (12/24/12) I have located two qualified People to choose from. Both are quite close to my location and the estimated Cost......even on the high end seems reasonable to me...This has allowed me to relax and enjoy the Holidays..... over the weekend I was unsure how to proceed....I was even looking at New Acoustic Guitars to purchase....I love this Community!

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jan 2013 09:08 PM 
Axe Slinger

Good News! The 1976 ( year of purchase) LIVES!!! Using two different Gentlemen for the cost of $45.00 the bracing and internal tone bar components have been repaired! I now also have a New Acoustic 6 string ( Solid Mahogany & Spruce) since I didn't know if my N0.1 Guitar would live! I also have learned more about Acoustic Guitars and myself during this ordeal!! This is a great Community!! I am proud to be a member!! I also hold the Individual who began his quest and succeeded in establishing THE GO TO Source for information on Matsumoku made Instruments in the highest regard!!

PostPosted: Wed 09 Jan 2013 09:22 AM 
Virtuoso

Happy to hear your beloved guitar is back to playing form oneowner!
Enjoy it.

PostPosted: Sun 13 Jan 2013 12:35 AM 
Axe Slinger

Thank You Barry!