The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Sun 12 May 2024 08:21 PM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Tue 06 Sep 2005 07:59 PM 
Virtuoso

Hi all, the latest Uncle Matt guitars of my desire are listed in the subject title. Does anyone have one of these for sale, or know where I might look to find one for sale? Also, if you don't know of one now, and then see one later for sale, feel free to let me know about it then. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 10 Nov 2005 08:06 PM 
Hi Jeffster,

I'm new to this forum. But I see your looking for a Vantage VE-565 among other things. I have one in great condition with the original case I might be willing to part with.

You can email me directly if you are still looking for one.

Best regards,

Manny

Last edited by Manny on Fri 11 Nov 2005 01:06 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov 2005 12:19 AM 
Virtuoso

Hey Admin, it might be the kind thing to do to PM the above info to Jeffster, and to edit the post above to protect the poster's email. These forums are frequently listed by Google and other engines.

(I know, you're probably on it already...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov 2005 01:14 AM 
I noticed I haven't considered editing the post. I see it is a hotmail account and even if a hotmail account is never published it will still get spammed. I have four, no one knows them, they have never been published, and I receive 100s of spam e-mails each week in all of them.

I might re-think the wanted forums though. Transactions that did not take place out in the open are what killed the "For Sale" forums. If I run into a single problem like I did there the wanted forums will go as well.

Maybe this will end up being the only forum where either membership time, post count, or both may come into play.

Transactions and offers that take place in the open are not near as likely to go awry, and after the ordeals the "for sale" forums brought my way I'm far less likely to be forgiving in this area.

It might be in the best interest of this site to refer all for sale or wanted to something like Craig's List and convert this forum to "Free to good home" for spares and the like. Let eBay and Craig's list be the middle ground for transactions involving payment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov 2005 01:22 AM 
Virtuoso

since we're talking (and maybe this thread should move elsewhere) i was considering changing the Uncle MAtt forum- since you have an active ebay and restoration sections here I was going to kill those forums... but I could host a 'for sale' forum there. since there's no PM's and it's not on my server, there's lmaybe less risk, at least I don't mind.

I would also love to lure people who want to promote their ebay listing over there, because they don't seem to fit in very well around here.

hey Manny, I'm glad you saw the post- you see we're taking care of you around here ;)

cheers,
X

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov 2005 01:25 AM 
Virtuoso

I just sent Manny a PM through here letting him know I'm interested. I'll certainly be letting you all know here if anything develops.

Manny, I hope you got the PM. I tried to use your email button but it just came up "MS Exchange" - so I switched to PM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov 2005 01:53 AM 
X189player wrote:
since we're talking (and maybe this thread should move elsewhere) i was considering changing the Uncle MAtt forum- since you have an active ebay and restoration sections here I was going to kill those forums... but I could host a 'for sale' forum there. since there's no PM's and it's not on my server, there's lmaybe less risk, at least I don't mind.

I would also love to lure people who want to promote their ebay listing over there, because they don't seem to fit in very well around here.

hey Manny, I'm glad you saw the post- you see we're taking care of you around here ;)

cheers,
X

I don't mind at all if people mention their eBay listings. I did say mention. Now, if someone were to hawk or hype, that sort of thing sinks pretty fast.

You are free to create whatever forums would best serve the Uncle Matt Collector. Just bear in mind, along with the good comes the bad. It was not just pm here that created so many headaches, but e-mails as well.

Not long ago I caught a fellow trying to sell a member here a $200 guitar with a broken neck for $800! And that was by accident as they used a bogus e-mail addres and it bounced to me.

Another member here was taken on a guitar they had been desperately searching for. Someone contacted them, sent them images, and when all was said and done it was not the same guitar, in much worse condition, and the price paid was outrageous. There was nothing I could do.

Most eBay sellers know of this site, and some do know this site cannot offer any kind of protection when it comes to fraud or ripoffs.

Where the forums are hosted likely makes little difference where this is concerned.

These are only a couple of examples, not all of them. So you see why I am a little antsy about it.

I will move the pertinent posts to a new thread tomorrow.

Jeffster, I hope you and Manny are able to work something mutually advantageous out and all goes well for both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov 2005 04:02 AM 
Hello Everyone,

I appreciate your efforts in keeping this forum safe from scam artists and people who seek to rip others off. I have been fortunate to only have one negative e-commerce experience as a consumer and it was really bothersome to say the least. It feels like a really good community here to the credit of it's moderators. Keep up the good work!

Manny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov 2005 07:55 AM 
Thanks Mannny!

I'm one that will on occasion let go of a guitar from time to time, and a number have gone to members here. It sounds like you might be making Jeffster a very happy camper. The Entertainers are cool guitars and I can see why there's a hunger pang there. :wink:

The Wanted forum still exists because I do want the folks here to be able to find what they're needing or wanting and letting it go is probably my last option.

If it were not here you might still be looking for a good home for that Entertainer and Jeffster might still be looking.

Are there any other Uncle Matts in your charge?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov 2005 12:23 PM 
Hello AriaProII,

Yes, I have a Red Electra Dynasty, and a Pheoenix Electra x185. The spectrum of sounds these guitars can produce is astounding.

I also have a Crestline B.C. Rich Eagle copy. It is a set neck model. I can't seem to find any information on this guitar but I suspect it might be an Uncle Matt because of it's quality construction and it's appointments. I'm not sure though, so any information I can get on the Crestline would be much appreciated. It has two sets of black and white humbuckers, one volume and two tone knobs, 1 three way switch and three mini toggle switches to vary it's tone. This guitar is really versatile. Just wish I could learn more about about it.

Manny