The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Tue 16 Apr 2024 01:16 PM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Wanted: PE-R80
PostPosted: Wed 21 Mar 2012 10:48 PM 
Axe Slinger

OK, you can file this under, "Duh, who doesn't want a PE-R80?"

But I've wanted a PE-R80 for over 10 years, and for the first time in about 5 years I've got the money to get one (or close to enough money, depending on the asking price).

So if you've got one that you're willing to part with, or know of one for sale at a reasonable price, please let me know.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Wanted: PE-R80
PostPosted: Sat 24 Mar 2012 01:06 PM 
Axe Slinger

Also, if you have any suggestions on how to find one I'd definitely appreciate them.

I'm doing the usual - checking ebay (the one on there now is out of my price range due to the shipping costs and the seller won't accept my offer), checking Yahoo Japan auctions, checking Craigslist (I also posted a, "Wanted," listing).

And, of course, I'm here because you guys know what's up with the Aria Pro II and Matsumoku stuff. I knew that the most knowledgeable people are here...

PostPosted: Sat 24 Mar 2012 03:42 PM 
Virtuoso

How about this one
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Aria-Pro-II- ... 27c5153683

PostPosted: Sat 24 Mar 2012 04:41 PM 
Axe Slinger

eyebulger wrote:

That's the one I was talking about. The $155 shipping puts it out of reach for me (not by a lot, but by enough that it's an issue) and despite his dropping of the price last week he wouldn't drop his price far enough to compensate for the shipping costs. We weren't terribly far apart, but despite the fact that he's been trying to sell this thing for months he doesn't seem willing to do what it takes to actually sell that one. He actually raised the price back up by $100 a couple days ago.

I think the reason he's having a hard time selling it is that he's asking top dollar for it (or he was up until a couple weeks ago, but the price he's asking now with shipping is still near top dollar), but the guitar is not in top dollar shape. It's not bad at all, but with the chips and deep buckle rash and corroded machine heads it's not a top dollar guitar.

If he comes down on it to compensate for the shipping costs I'll definitely buy it.

(Of course, if anyone here has one that never gets played I will give it a good home with plenty of playing time and a lot of reverence...)