The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Thu 28 Mar 2024 03:38 AM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu 29 Jan 2009 11:20 AM 
Virtuoso

Crusty wrote:
I am guessing as time goes on the line between websites and forums has been horribly blurred.

Dating information on nearly all Matsumoku guitars can be found here:

http://www.matsumoku.org/models/serial_no.html

Crusty a few times since we have the new format I click on my link to the main page and get directed to the forum instead. This may be causing people to skip the very valuable info on the main page. I will also put a post about this in the trouble area.

PostPosted: Thu 29 Jan 2009 11:34 AM 
Virtuoso

I have a favorites link which takes me to the home page for guitar gallery. Since the format of the forum has changed I have been directed to the forum instead of the home page when clicking on this link a few times (maybe three out of ten).

Also I have noted Crusty's frustration that people are not using the resources available on the home page. It is understandable. A lot of work must have gone into making it all available, understandable, and easy to find. But... when people can be stupid they will be stupid. Perhaps a reminder that answers to questions can frequently be found without posting to the forum could be added to to the rules and regs that hopefully people read before they register. Some other fourums I frequent do this. I don't know how effective it is though.

PostPosted: Thu 29 Jan 2009 01:05 PM 
Virtuoso

There's nothing in the server rules to redirect links for http://www.matsumoku.org/guitars.html to the forums.

Are you talking about the links in your favorites?

PostPosted: Thu 29 Jan 2009 01:10 PM 
Virtuoso

Nothing on the site has changed at all. The home page is still http://www.matsumoku.org/guitars.html and the forums are still index.php

I've tested it in a fully functioning clean non-toolbarred version of IE and all seems to work fine.

I don't have anything in the sever rules to redirect to the forums from anywhere. The only redirects are for hotlinked images and links directly from eBay listings.

You might edit your bookmarks and make sure the links are as above for the home page and forums respectively.

PostPosted: Thu 29 Jan 2009 03:06 PM 
Virtuoso

Crusty, yes links from my favorites.

PostPosted: Thu 29 Jan 2009 03:28 PM 
Virtuoso

Try updating your favorite links, or move them apart from each other (renaming them).

PostPosted: Mon 02 Feb 2009 11:08 AM 
Virtuoso

Did updating the links in your favorites do any good? I've not been able to reproduce the problem here.

PostPosted: Mon 02 Feb 2009 02:40 PM 
Virtuoso

Crusty, the only link I have is to the main site. I then navigate to where I want to go (usualy the forum). The problem has not happened since I posted about it. I thought others may have been having the same experience but if so, no one has come forward. It could be a wierd glitch in my search engine. I doubt it is worht any more of your time. Thanks for looking into it.