The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Fri 29 Mar 2024 01:32 AM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Wed 25 Aug 2010 05:30 PM 
Virtuoso

O.K.

Just be sure to tell everybody the velcro wallet idea came from Barry AND slo-hand--but what do I care... IT'S FREE!!! :thumbsup:

Having lived through the 80s, I still have a Velcro tri-fold wallet, & I've been using it on my guitar strap to hold picks, tools, slides, capos, a tuner crank, etc. for years. I got the "DUH" idea to put weights in it right after I made the "Crown bag" post (I "collected" Crown bags from a wealthy patron at a place where I worked as a kid--they're great for lots of things, but I like the smaller long ones for tuning forks)--& no, I don't drink (I'm allergic--just a small nip & I get hives, I get really hot, I turn red--classic signs of Pre-Anglo Native-American blood).

Now we can watch for somebody to make a specialized accessory strap--or better yet, a specialized accessory sleeve to put on your strap. :evil: :devil: :devil2: :explode:

If the patent date is after August 25, 2010, at 6:30 PM EDT, the "proprietor" is a thief. :rofl:

PostPosted: Wed 22 Jun 2011 11:40 AM 
Power Chorder

Looks like someone else had an idea for solving the issues of neck-heavy instruments - The Axe Balancer.
http://neckheavy.com/.

Only $39.99.

PostPosted: Wed 22 Jun 2011 02:36 PM 
Virtuoso

Sounds like another snake oil "remedy". I love Thunderbird basses and ESP Explorers, and a judiciously chosen wider strap has always served me well. Although not keeping an instrument "authentic", then a lighter set of tuners is always a good step. Holding a handful of heavy buggers and comparing them to a lighter set is illustrative enough. A tungsten block they are not.

PostPosted: Wed 22 Jun 2011 03:11 PM 
Virtuoso

I wonder whether the balance issue explains why you see so many Bigsbys on SGs and hollowbodies and few on anything else.

PostPosted: Wed 22 Jun 2011 11:56 PM 
Virtuoso

Bohop Rebebop wrote:
I wonder whether the balance issue explains why you see so many Bigsbys on SGs and hollowbodies and few on anything else.

Perhaps. They are certainly not there to help stabilise the tuning or provide vibrato.

PostPosted: Thu 23 Jun 2011 08:42 AM 
Virtuoso

Location: Grand Absurdity, VA, temporary refuge of the Hollywood Avenger
Prostheta wrote:
Bohop Rebebop wrote:

Perhaps. They are certainly not there to help stabilise the tuning or provide vibrato.

:toopidlol:

je

1981 AV-320
1981 AV-320
1981 AV-325
1982 AV-320
1982 VS-695-12
1982 VSH-445
1983 AV-330
1995 VST 33 CE TBK

PostPosted: Wed 14 Dec 2011 04:48 AM 
Gallery Friend

I think that unless the guitar is very neck heavy, then a good wide non slip strap gets you there. Leather is my choice because it has the 'rough' inside and smooth outside face whilst retaining strength and integrity across the 4" width for comfort and stability. I have one old MusicMan leather strap on my PE1000 that is as old as the guitar and still going strong well over 30 years later.