The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Fri 29 Mar 2024 12:28 AM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu 21 Jan 2016 11:58 PM 
Power Chorder

I have not decided yet but if I do it will be to someone in here. I dont have a clue what to ask so you might help me out. Value of a mint PE1000GC? Original cable in unopened plastic bag, also Aria Pro II strap in unopened plastic bag.

Urchin U-100 in original case. 9/10 condition. Maybe 8/10 if you are picky. Have not seen one in better condition.

What is an okay price? Im honest with you and expect todays market price. I havnt checked or been in the guitar world the last 7-8 years so Im pretty out of date. May also sell my JEM LNG #653 but thatone will probably go on e..y.
Ola

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jan 2016 03:51 AM 
Virtuoso

Mate, honestly, unless you're actually starving, I'd be hanging onto those two; you'll never find another, eh!!

I would hesitate to put a price on them as I don't feel qualified but the vintage guitar market is pretty slow at the minute, especially for non-American gear....

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jan 2016 10:03 AM 
Virtuoso

I concur with Corsair. I have sold a few in the past and not long after it regretted it. If I were still able to play I'd consider selling myself on a street corner before selling my guitars. The only downside would be I'm too ugly to attract many customers and some of the few I would get would likely destroy my interest in the feminine of the species. :rofl:

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jan 2016 10:49 AM 
Power Chorder

The thing is that Im in no need of money. Just have lost my interest in "the one with the most when he dies win" lol. Ill reconsider for a while. One day I have to sell anyway. I have 10-12 guitars so I will not be totally lost if some of them goes. I have an A-20 in mint also. Maybe that guitar is a more clever sell. Ill not miss it as I have another one. Not mint though but a great player.

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jan 2016 12:21 PM 
Power Chorder

PE1000GC wrote:
The thing is that Im in no need of money. Just have lost my interest in "the one with the most when he dies win" lol. Ill reconsider for a while. One day I have to sell anyway. I have 10-12 guitars so I will not be totally lost if some of them goes. I have an A-20 in mint also. Maybe that guitar is a more clever sell. Ill not miss it as I have another one. Not mint though but a great player.

Food for thought-why not offer to give some or all of these items away with a forum contest?

Not sure how it would work with this particular forum but I seen it done in other forums and it seems to work well.

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jan 2016 08:00 PM 
Virtuoso

Prices are very difficult to predict... I would guess somewhere close to 1000 USD (four digit numbers will scare some potential buyers). But selling is more a question of finding a buyer (something that's still much easier if it says Ibanez on the headstock for example).

PostPosted: Tue 19 Apr 2016 07:11 AM 
Virtuoso

At the moment I can't really justify buying a GC, but this is one of the absolute dream guitars for me.
It is so beautiful!!! And I have kept my eyes open for at least 10 years...

Don't know what I'm trying to say. Maybe trying to convince you to keep it....or to throw it at me :hyper: