The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Thu 28 Mar 2024 03:22 AM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue 14 Sep 2021 10:24 AM 
Axe Slinger

Hi Everyone,

I was lucky enough to pick up this beautiful 1980s Aria Pro II LS 600D in Cherry Sunburst finish with rosewood neck, that is in excellent condition. Its all original, however the tuners were swapped out with Schaller Vintage double ring tuners in chrome. They look and feel great.

Original LS bridge and tail piece in chrome, saddles are in excellent shape no need to replace. The pickups are original DiMarzio PAF's in cream color. I do not think these are the Super Distortions only because my volt meter reads around 12.5 Ohm for neck and 13.6 for bridge. I have an 81' Aria Pro II LC800 with the distortion pickups and they register around 15-16 ohms on my meter. I could be wrong about these stock pickups however. They are very hot and sounds amazing! (you can see my previous post)

The pots are all original, the switch appears to be upgraded at some point, however it is the exact style switch to the era. output jack also seems to be original. No crackling or dust heard at all during play which tells me this guitar was well cared for and it is very clean! The cream covers are in excellent shape. There are a few scuffs and bumps that you would expect to find on the 40 year old guitar. Nothing major. However, I did note a slight binding separation near the lower horn. Is is primarily located to the circular portion, when it joins the neck it is solid. I think wood glue would hold it in place just fine. It does not seem to be weak or anything like that, just a hair line crack that should be filled at some point. Frets are level, truss rod is straight and functions as it should. The inlays are aging, you can see that the 5th fret trapazoid has began to turn clear. It does not affect playability one bit. I polished it up and treated the fretboard with some fretboard oil. Plays and feels absolutely amazing. Says 60 in the bridge pocket, so I assume that refers to the 60,000 Yen price tag when they made them? The guitar will ship in USA in hard shell case. The guitar itself weighs in around 9.6 to 9.8 lbs on my bathroom scale.

I am asking $600 plus the ship. If anyone is interested send me a PM and I'll give an exact cost of the shipping price.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/192419692@N08/shares/X6jX6X

PostPosted: Thu 16 Sep 2021 12:27 PM 
Power Chorder

That's a good looking LS-600D... I saw the listing and photos on reverb.

Would have no problem pulling the plug if I didn't already have an LS-400 and LC-600D in the similar red 'clown burst' finish.

Great guitar though, and I have an LS-600P which has the same binding shrinkage/separation around the horn. Ugly for sure but does not affect playability.

Good luck, someone will snatch it up for sure!

PostPosted: Tue 28 Sep 2021 02:42 PM 
Axe Slinger

*sold