The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Fri 29 Mar 2024 07:47 AM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: CS-350 Project
PostPosted: Mon 10 Nov 2008 09:52 AM 
Virtuoso

I have a CS-350 project JB had given to me, but fate has changed my direction and I won't be resurrecting it.

What I'd like to see is a donation made to help JB cover hosting costs (which he took over from me some 2 years or more ago, maybe it was 3). He has been covering it ever since.

Maybe a donation of say $45 to go to JB for taking care of the site all this time and the actual shipping costs would go to me.

I have not even unpacked the box, but will try to get a few pics possibly sometime today.

It doesn't have to be $45, any help is appreciated, but it needn't be a limit either. Just so long as it helps him out some.

JB, I don't want to hear any arguments out of you either. You have stood by this site like a trooper and a better man there isn't. You have no idea how grateful I am.

Maybe someone can top my last CS-350 resurrection: The No Bake Cheesecake Blues Deluxe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10 Nov 2008 10:13 AM 
Virtuoso

I'd be interested, but I'd really like to see what we're dealing with first. As in, what you mean by project? I've already done a load of wood replacement on some recent projects, so I don't know if I'm ready for more of that right now. If it's just paint and wiring and whatnot, that's not a big deal.

So in other words, unpack that thing and let's see some pics Crusty!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10 Nov 2008 10:37 AM 
Virtuoso

I'll get some pics hopefully today.

I don't believe you would be reinventing the wheel. There may be some small cracks at the neck pocket but probably half the CS series guitars out there have this and has no impact on stability, and is fairly easy to repair. I am pretty sure it will need refinishing. It is definitely in pieces.

If there is some structural work to do I'll make note of it.

The idea was to ask for a little help with hosting costs (I know all too well what that can mean since I did it for a good number of years) and offer something in return. I have no income any more so I'm no longer able to help out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov 2008 12:27 AM 
Virtuoso

It would probably look good in a bright red-orange.

With a new waterslide decal of course. . . :rockwoot:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 20 Nov 2008 12:18 PM 
Virtuoso

[img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/Houndog750/cs350_project_threadsize.jpg[/img]

As you can see it will need some work. I am half tempted to rebuild it myself as I am fairly certain I could double the asking price if not quadruple it.

Other than a PO filling several of the control holes with wood putty the body looks to be intact, but I did not inspect it extremely closely.

The original bridge is there with all the saddles, but again, I did not look for stress cracks, however none were plainly visible. I only had a short time before the beagles and cats considered stealing parts to play with.

There are two DiMarzio DP104 super distortions that come with it. The important things are still there (cavity cover, truss cover, grounding plate). It is missing tuners.

I am letting go of this AS A PROJECT, and as with any project like this there is a good bit of work involved.

The DiMarzios if good, are worth the asking price alone. I did not test them.

Look at it this way. I am asking someone to put a little money into the site and they will be getting something in return.

I would like to see JB get something back for taking care of the site all this time, but as in the past, it was always a few doing for the many. Sad but true.

I hate to sound crabby but I know JB has put hundreds of dollars towards this site out of his own pocket and never asked for anything in return. It would be nice to see a little come back to him.

With this in mind I am not set on $45. If someone were to offer more towards the site I doubt it would be rejected. I realize this is somewhat outside the rules, but there again this is not for personal gain. It is to help support the site. JB gave it to me so I cannot in good conscience sell it for myself, but I can sell it to help defray the costs of running the site.

If this works out and something comes of it I have a Raven project I will let go of in the same way. Proceeds above shipping will go to the site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 20 Nov 2008 12:31 PM 
Virtuoso

Ooh, if no one has their heart set on this. . . :D

I wonder if Chas has decals for this? Hmm. . . :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 21 Nov 2008 08:07 PM 
Virtuoso

Going, going, gone I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 22 Nov 2008 07:30 PM 
Virtuoso

It was covered in splatter paint by some aspiring artist studying Jackson Pollack.

All electronics had been ripped out by some sadist.

The body has been sanded to remove the messy paint job.

The neck is perfectly straight and in good condition.

It is structurally sound. All hardware except tuners are there.

It can be wired to taste by anyone who knows how to read the trillions of
diagrams on the web.

I realized I had bitten off more than I could chew so off it went.

I knew it had potential when I saw it.

I hope someone will enjoy working on it and better yet, playing it.

Crusty, you flatter me when you say I've done something to help.

My paltry contribution amounts to piddle compared to the work you've
done around here.

That is why I insist you use the money on one of your projects.

If you try sending it to me I'll only send it back and we'll just waste
stamps. So thats that.

Again let me thank Crusty for teaching me so much about guitars
which have given me some of the most joyous times of my life.

For that I can never repay. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 23 Nov 2008 05:17 PM 
Virtuoso

Great speech, Senator! Tears in my eyes here :D
Thanks to the both of you, from my part :bow:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 25 Nov 2008 02:07 AM 
Virtuoso

I've talked with JB on the phone and there is no winning this one. I know for a fact if I send him money he does not want It will fly back at me as if I threw it into the wind. :wink:

Jorg, it is yours for the shipping it looks like. Do us proud and outdo my odd little Cheesecake Blues Deluxe. :D

Send me a PM with your address so I can get shipping costs.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next