The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Sat 27 Apr 2024 11:27 PM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu 26 Oct 2006 10:18 AM 
Hokay, maybe the Dumb Question Dept...

Can we get Email digests of new activity here? Currently I only get replies to my posts, which of course are of earth-shattering significance, :-P.

But I'd really like to stay tuned in to what's happening in the rest of our world. 20/20 shared vision and all that. Some of the info is such cool stuff on here, and often applies to guitars and playing in general. Quite the gold mine ya got here!

--Ray

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 26 Oct 2006 08:14 PM 
Virtuoso

I imagine that would be an interesting feature, but it is not presently a feature of phpBB.

With AOL's user reported spam policies I could see this becoming a bit of a problem though. About once every month or two I have to jump through hoops to appease the AOL e-mail gods because someone reported a topic reply notice as spam. There have been times I had considered banning any AOL addresses and suggesting those people using AOL create a yahoo mail account.

Yahoo groups does something like this where everyone essentially e-mails posts and everyone receives them.

You can however subscribe to as many topics as you like and be notified when new posts are added to those threads. At the bottom of every thread there is a link to subscribe to the thread and you'll then receive notifications the same as you would threads you started or participated in. (In you profile you can also specify the forums always notify you of new posts to threads you are participating in).

The board won't let you know of new topics you're not subscribed to, but if you check the "keep me logged in" box when logging in you'll see all new posts the minute you visit the forums. Not much more trouble than checking your mail, and saves you a step of having to first check mail then visit the forums. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 26 Oct 2006 11:18 PM 
Thanks boss. BTW, nice little forum you folks have here, very nice work. ...And a terrific group of people!

--Ray :up: