The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Sun 28 Apr 2024 07:08 PM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Off topic forum....
PostPosted: Thu 15 Nov 2007 10:45 AM 
Virtuoso

Quote:
Although.....sometimes I already miss a (little) offtopic area for such nice treats like "Three Vantage Avengers on stage in 1986"

There have been a number of folks mention something along these lines.

I would not be opposed and there is a forum for this that currently is only a holdover, BUT, I WILL NOT moderate it if it is opened up.

If there are three or four individuals willing to moderate it that can visit regularly enough to keep problems under control this will be done.

However, if it becomes a problem as it has in the past it will be returned to it's previous state of holdover only.

Those willing to moderate can reply here. If there is enough volunteers it will happen. Interest gets nothing done without action so interest alone is not necessarily what I am looking for here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 15 Nov 2007 02:14 PM 
Virtuoso

I'm here alot and wouldn't mind helping out, HOWEVER, in case you haven't noticed, my sense of humor is slightly twisted. . . :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 15 Nov 2007 02:17 PM 
Virtuoso

I'd be a starter, too - someone would have to show me what to do as I have no idea how to "moderate"! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 15 Nov 2007 05:07 PM 
Virtuoso

Location: Grand Absurdity, VA, temporary refuge of the Hollywood Avenger
A round-table discussion (off-forum or on-) would have to set the rules/tone/scope of power among mods, I'd think.

Dunno if it'd be a good :oops: or bad :x thing to have me, Jorg and Corsair converse any more than we already do...certainly not a good idea to have us be judges of propriety :-?

je

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 15 Nov 2007 07:12 PM 
Virtuoso

What does propriety mean? :-?

Disclaimer: Contrary to popular opinion, I really know what propriety means :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 15 Nov 2007 10:20 PM 
Virtuoso

i would love the power of a mod :x the *band* i could do to you *band*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 16 Nov 2007 12:32 AM 
Virtuoso

I still reckon that there is enough scope to allow for (slightly) off topic yarns, as they don't really tend to go on THAT long; I wouldn't like to see a forum to just unload - it still has to be Matt oriented to have any appeal for me. The "3 Avengers" was a real pearl, simply because it was unsolicited and, most importantly, relevant!
I do think Squid's right; it would be the old stagers who used such a forum anyway, and probably not all that often, truth be told!
There you go; one idiots' point of view - I'm happy to go along with the majority on this, though, whatever that might be. :wave:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 16 Nov 2007 02:06 AM 
Virtuoso

Moderating is fairly straight forward. If posts get out of hand, step in, edit if needed, and if things don't fly straight afterwards I can take over. A moderator has the power to edit, delete, move, or split threads and posts.

Pretty much the forum will be open, but, if it becomes a dedicated Gibson, Fender, Guild, or Ibanez section I'm not particularly thrilled with this idea. Mainly because this site is dedicated to those who play Uncle Matts and inviting the generall masses is not appealing at all.

Sex, politics, race, and religion are MOST DEFINITELY off limits. Language must be kept clean. Bypassing the filters will result in not only deletion but eliminating the user bypassing them. I am growing tired of editing posts and will no longer do so. If it can't be said on the WB channel it's not good here. This site is aimed at all walks of life.

Same would apply for all forums here. No flaming, personal attacks, or other malicious activity.

There is only one forum here that is invisible to the general public, yet can be seen by moderators and administrators. This is here to move problem threads to until they can be looked into. Deletion should be left to an admin if possible.

If we can find four people willing to moderate I'll set up the forum. With four visiting most problems should be cuaght very quickly.

A simple "I'm up for it" will do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 16 Nov 2007 02:44 AM 
Virtuoso

im up for it . i think its a cool idea. us matt lovers may find other common ground. does that make two kiwis keen? takes care of this time zone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 16 Nov 2007 04:45 AM 
Virtuoso

ForumAdmin wrote:
Pretty much the forum will be open, but, if it becomes a dedicated Gibson, Fender, Guild, or Ibanez section I'm not particularly thrilled with this idea.

That does seem rather pointless as there are plenty of other fora out there for that.
Perhaps a quick discussion as to what the new section would be used for? We've probably got a wide knowledge base about many things on here, and quite a wide geographical spread. There also seems to be a 'certain' age range ;) Lets just say most of us are old enough to have wanted the guitars covered by this forum when they were brand new. I've a feeling we've more common ground than the guitar interest which may be interesting to explore.

ForumAdmin wrote:
Mainly because this site is dedicated to those who play Uncle Matts and inviting the generall masses is not appealing at all.

I'd say at the very least make it invisible to guests, maybe even a 'post count' limit to make it visible or active.

I'm pretty sure there'll be enough "I'm up for it" replies from more senior members, and if there isn't perhaps it's an indication that the thing shouldn't fly but if it helps,

I'm up for it :)