The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Sun 28 Apr 2024 10:17 AM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 06 Feb 2008 06:09 PM 
Virtuoso

yep its going real good now.
yesterday was a shocker would take a very long time then sometimes blank pages, or timed out connections...but lets not dwell on the past.
cheers crusty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 06 Feb 2008 08:20 PM 
Virtuoso

Location: Grand Absurdity, VA, temporary refuge of the Hollywood Avenger
Just logged me out again...

je

1981 AV-320
1981 AV-320
1981 AV-325
1982 AV-320
1982 VS-695-12
1982 VSH-445
1983 AV-330
1995 VST 33 CE TBK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 06 Feb 2008 09:45 PM 
Virtuoso

That may be from when I switched database servers. I have noticed also that GoDaddy resets their database machines every so often.

Another thing is there is a limit set in the configuration on exactly how long "keep me logged in" will last. It is quite long but does reset after this period.

I have been logged in all day so far.

So I take it you've not noticed any improvement in page load times?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 06 Feb 2008 10:00 PM 
Virtuoso

Page load times have been better recently. I'll let you know how it goes.

je

1981 AV-320
1981 AV-320
1981 AV-325
1982 AV-320
1982 VS-695-12
1982 VSH-445
1983 AV-330
1995 VST 33 CE TBK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 06 Feb 2008 10:49 PM 
Virtuoso

I will make note it is more difficult to tell with IE in comparison to FireFox with FasterFox installed.

Where I was seeing page load times of 120 to as much as 250 seconds or more I am now seeing 1.5 to 6 second page load times anywhere on the forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 07 Feb 2008 01:27 AM 
Virtuoso

I freakin' give up with these people. After fighting with these people for over a week now here's where it stands...

Crusty wrote:
I have copied JB on this. He will vouch for the fact that I can become quite cantakerous when not
taken seriously. I start out polite, but when I must PROVE that I may be right I tend to get a
little testy. It is my opinion I should be taken seriously and my complaints carry the same weight
as the biggiest customer you have.

Just for grins and to reinforce my assertion there is a problem on host 10.0.6.40 I created a new
database and populated it with the tables and data from the old database. This new database resides
on host 10.8.13.18. I would invariably be able to generate lags within 5 minutes of browsing the
forums in the past. With the database on the new host (10.8.13.18) pages are loading in the 1-3
second range. ALL pages, all forums, even those you claim were large (ahem). Previously I may have
waited as much as 140 seconds or more, and at times would either time out or Firefox would simply
attempt to save the page as PHP file since the server did not parse it properly. This in itself is
a bit of a security risk if you think about it.

I do not like being treated as if I were a moron, and usually only ask for help when it is not
possible to solve a problem on my own.

Let me put this in simple terms.

THERE IS A PROBLEM ON HOST 10.0.6.40 CAUSING SERIOUS LAGS AND DB ERRORS. IF IT IS NOT THE HOST IT
IS THE INTERNAL ROUTING BETWEEN PUBLIC IP 64.202.163.76 AND THE RESERVED IP 10.0.6.40.

Am I torqued? Of course I am. I hate being blown off. I DO NOT use IE, Outlook, or AOL and should
not be treated as such.

BTW, please turn off that awful Outlook formatting and save it for people that cannot read plain
text, those that need bright text and background colors as well as pretty images to get the
message.

Neal Kesyer for Jonhn Buccola
Site Maintenance www.matsumoku.org

And their reply...

GoDippy wrote:
I apologize for any miscommunication that has occurred. Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to replicate any slowness, either via a browser or via the database. We've tested the load on the server you're using and the database sever you're accessing and haven't found any issues at this time. This does not negate the fact that there may have been a heavy load during the time you experienced these issues. Unfortunately, periods of slowness like this may occur due to to the nature of using a shared server as resources are shifted around to accommodate everyone. If this issue continues, we can best resolve it by having you contact us directly by phone to troubleshoot it in real time. Again, my apologies for any frustration this has caused. Please let us know if we can help any other way.

I made it QUITE CLEAR (in all caps no less) that I had MOVED the database from the problem machine to a different one. Of COURSE they found no problems because they were checking the WRONG MACHINE!!!

Oh, and did they turn off that awful Outlook Express formatting? NO! I cannot stand OE, or the pretty (pronounced gaudy) e-mails it generates.

Sorry, but I only have so much patience and can only handle stupidity in small doses. Anything larger or more frequently causes a rash.

At least for the time being we are back up to normal speeds. I have been monitoring regularly over the last 9 hours and things still seem to be as they should be. Time will tell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 07 Feb 2008 02:55 AM 
Virtuoso

...mate, I for one am glad you're on our side!! Thanks a heap for all your work, and aggravation suffered for "the cause"!

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 07 Feb 2008 03:12 AM 
Virtuoso

I think they went out and built a new machine for the forums after Crusty let them have it.

I've been looking at some big fat threads with lots of pics and they are just flying out at me now.

I didn't realize it could be this good.

Crusty was trying to explain what he did to fix it.
SQL, Linux, Databases, its all Greek to me.

I'm just glad somebody around here knows what he is doing.
Otherwise we'd be bogged down to 28.8kbps modem days.

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say "Hip hip hurray for Crusty".

Thanks for all of this dude. :up:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 07 Feb 2008 03:40 AM 
Virtuoso

jbyear1 wrote:
I think they went out and built a new machine for the forums after Crusty let them have it.

I've been looking at some big fat threads with lots of pics and they are just flying out at me now.

I didn't realize it could be this good.

Crusty was trying to explain what he did to fix it.
SQL, Linux, Databases, its all Greek to me.

I'm just glad somebody around here knows what he is doing.
Otherwise we'd be bogged down to 28.8kbps modem days.

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say "Hip hip hurray for Crusty".

Thanks for all of this dude. :up:

could not agree more

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 07 Feb 2008 06:42 AM 
Virtuoso

This kind of thing happens to me all the time in the integration world, and it's laziness combined with a distinct lack of reading comprehension probably combined with IPod headphones blasting in their ears while receiving text messages while reading my e-mail.

Me: Hi- when I press A, B and C in a row, once I press D it breaks.

Them: When I press D everything works.

Me: did you press A B & C first?

Them: Dude I press D all day long, I like D, it works great.

Me: this issue only occurs if A, B and C are pressed first. Have you pressed A, B and C and then D?

Them: I hate A B & C, who uses them anymore? I'm more of an X Y Z guy. I did find a glitch with D, though, test it out.

Me: :x What did you do? Now D isn't doing anything!!!!!

...etc. Lazy thinking, poor reading comprehension, arrogance. I feel your pain, and celebrate that you are willing to be our advocate. Thanks for the help.

je

1981 AV-320
1981 AV-320
1981 AV-325
1982 AV-320
1982 VS-695-12
1982 VSH-445
1983 AV-330
1995 VST 33 CE TBK

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next