The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Sun 28 Apr 2024 10:24 PM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu 24 Apr 2003 07:00 PM 
I`ve just recently discovered this great web site & have learned a huge amount about these great guitars!

I bought my first Pan semi-acoustic when I was 14 years old (*many* years ago) & loved it. I`ve come across quite a few of these over the years & they`re still pretty cool guitars I think. I bought my first Vantage bass in about 1980 & remember how amazed at the quality, sound & playability of this bass for the *little* bit of dough it cost me - don`t know what model it was. I`ve been a huge fan of Vantage (etc) guitars made in the late 70`s / 80`s ever since I owned that bass & have owned (& sold) several over the years. I really think they`re the same quality as Ibanez or even Gibson from the time (but I guess you already know that!).

The nicest Vantage I`ve ever owned (& wish I still had) was a 1983 VP820 (thanks for the serial number info!)...what a GREAT sounding & playing guitar!

Thanks for doing this great site!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 24 Apr 2003 10:47 PM 
Golly, I'm blushing already! :oops:

Many thanks for the Kudos! I'll pass along those thanks to those folks that have contributed content and the folks here on the message board! This is what makes it all worthwhile!

Take care, Vantageman! I'll keep my eyes open for another VP820 or equivalent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 10 Jun 2003 05:01 PM 
Virtuoso

For my first post here I'd like to second what Vantagedude already said.

This site is awesome!

I accidently found the site through a googleserach while searching for information about a Washburn A-20. I've always liked the bodyshape of these and will buy one if I can find one (at a reasonable price).

I have a Washburn Falcon from the wing series that I bought used in '83 for $80. The guitar have been abused for 20 years and is currently in a sad state and beyond repair. I feel the need for a new Washburn.

I'm normally an Ibanez-player and I usually hang out over at the jemsite forum but this site is so good that I'll probably stick around.

Cheers! :up:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 10 Jun 2003 08:29 PM 
Wow, I'm all embarrassed and such. :oops:

Thanks for the pat on the back! I hope all who have helped and continue to also take that pat on the back to heart!

Welcome to the humble little Guitar Gallery! :yeah:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 30 Oct 2003 08:55 PM 
Hi all ! This is my first post here, like the rest I would like to express my appreciation to the Contributors & 'CREATOR' of this Awesome site !
I came across this site about a year ago while searching for information about a lefty CS-350 that I purchased in yr2000 (though I play right hand) ,since then I've gain alot of information from this site!
Will be looking forward to 'Do My Part' !

ALL HAIL !! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 31 Oct 2003 08:28 AM 
Guess I am the same as SalemB. I found this site as well through Google. I was looking for info. on a Westone guitar that I bought years ago. Sorry to say that I have never heard or seen a Vantage guitar. :roll:

Great site though.....

Post subject: RE: DITTO
PostPosted: Sun 19 Dec 2004 01:54 PM 
:up: :D Yes I'm in agreement with you all as well. Thanx very much to all contributers, fans, and the creator here for taking the time to build and maintain this great site!
The little info that I know or have about ARIA PRO II has always been through word of mouth, this site is indeed a welcomed " leg up " to that.
Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 05 Jun 2005 06:14 PM 
I'd like to add my thanks, also...i had about given up ever finding any info on my Aria les paul jr from the early 70's, i'd always thought it was a great guitar and i'd always been impressed with the cost/quality factor on Aria's. i'm glad to see others think so, too.

plus it seems you have an unusually civil discourse, too...that's a relief!
thanks

Post subject: " "
PostPosted: Sun 08 Jan 2006 12:04 AM 
Hello Everyone,
This is my 1st post also and I echo all the nice comments! My thanks to all who made/make this site possible!
Happy New year!
Regards,tetoX310

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 19 Dec 2006 07:40 PM 
Power Chorder

me too this is also my first post. I found this site through looking Up matsumoku on google
I have a les paul aria pro 2 from the late seventies it was made after the so called lawsuit thing were they just changed the shape of the headstock (to a much better shape in my opinions, same shape as the variax guitars did variax and warmoth rip off that headstock shape? :lol: )

yes matsumoku made some fine guitars If my les paul is anything to go by.