The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Mon 13 May 2024 10:25 AM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: New member.
PostPosted: Sun 10 Oct 2010 08:04 PM 
Gallery Friend

Hi everyone.
I just found this board and I felt had to be a member, so I entered yesterday. My name is Janne and I live in Sweden. My guitars are: 1 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe from 1977, 1 Gibson Les Paul BFG from 2008, 1 Aria A-626 12-string from 1967, I think, 1 Yamaha FG-336SB acoustic 6-string from 78-79 something and 1 nylon string Gardisten from 2010, sold only in Sweden I belive. The gardisten is an easy to play, inexpensive guitar, I bought due to a hand operation that made me unable to play on steel string guitars, 12-string especially, for a while. I´m slowely getting my strength back so now I can play almost 30 min. before the pain beguins. The only guitar I haven´t owned from new is the -77 delux, all the other is mine from the beginning. Now, of course, I have a request. Do anyone have any information about the Yamaha? I tryed the different sites that have decoding for serial numbers, but no luck there. According to everyone there should be 8 digits in the number but it is only 7 in mine. If anyone, please??? Yes, I know I bought it my self, but it is 30 years ago. Back then, who was interested in numbers. I hade just passed 20, or something like that. The life consisted in sex drugs and rock-n-roll. Ok, not drugs, but two out of three aint bad. Well... I also entered a question about the Aria on the board that I hope to get answers on.
Have a nice...
Janne

Post subject: Re: New member.
PostPosted: Mon 11 Oct 2010 01:08 AM 
Virtuoso

Hi Janne and welcome aboard.
Sorry that I can't offer to much help on the Yamaha. But you might find some info on it if you follow the link that I have added.
http://www.yamaha.co.jp/product/guitar/ ... /fg_2.html

Chers
Don

PostPosted: Mon 11 Oct 2010 05:24 AM 
Gallery Friend

Hi.
Thank you Don, but my Yama was not listed there either. That seams to be the problems with my older guitars, they don´t exist. I have the same problem with my Aria 12-string. Can´t find anything on that either. Thank´s a mill anyhow.
Have a nice...
Janne

PostPosted: Mon 11 Oct 2010 08:11 AM 
Virtuoso

Welcome to the forum. You may have some problems being in Sweden. Many distributors used different names, different finishes, and different hardware to suit their idea of what the local market was. The US, Japan and GB tend to be the best documented and even there information can be thin on the ground. If you find something close but with minor changes, that may be as close as you get. Good luck

PostPosted: Mon 11 Oct 2010 11:35 AM 
Gallery Friend

Well, location don´t seems to be the problem in this case. The FG-336 appears to be spread worldwide. Everybody I have had contact with is having the same problem, no info on the guitar. Google the FG and you´ll see. Only questions. No answer. So, I probably have to live with that. Anyhow, the guitar sounds beautyfully and is easy to play on. So life goes on without knowledge.
Have a nice...
Janne

PostPosted: Mon 11 Oct 2010 11:46 AM 
Gallery Friend

Hi. Look at the site "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NX7Cd2rxb0", he is playing exactly the same guitar that I am talking about. Nice sound and good looks. Right?
Have a nice...

PostPosted: Tue 12 Oct 2010 03:56 PM 
Virtuoso

Welcome here Janne. Unfortunately, GuitarDir.com has no record of the FG-336 yet either. Maybe if you enter the specs you do have there, along with some pics AND your dating question, someone will fill in the blancs for you. :wink:

Kees.
(sorry we broke your Swedish soccer team's track record tonight man ... :roll: )

PostPosted: Wed 13 Oct 2010 05:14 AM 
Gallery Friend

Hi. Thank you GD K9 I will do that, maybe it helps. Have the swedish soccer team been playing, I didn´t know that. My interest i soccer i abcent. I don´t watch sport at all. If it´s not motorsport. I have the opinion that if you can´t do it with an engine it´s not worth doing :D Your signature, is it refering to dogs, K9 "canine", or is it some guitar name?
Have a nice...
Janne

PostPosted: Wed 13 Oct 2010 06:32 AM 
Virtuoso

yangluchan wrote:
...Your signature, is it refering to dogs, K9 "canine", or is it some guitar name?

Neither actually. It's just this; 'Kees' is a very common surname in Holland, and some years ago, when I wanted to register for some forum or website, there were already 8 members called Kees. I became 'Kees9'. So 'K9' is just short for 'Kees9' :)