The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Fri 29 Mar 2024 12:22 AM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon 01 Oct 2012 03:14 PM 
Axe Slinger

I posted this on my introduction topic, yet thought I should start a new topic for it. I learned this style of request in Military. I Respectfully Request the Site Administrator select from my Epiphone FT -350 EL DORADO posted picture link, a picture of my Epi ( specifically the one of my Epiphone Guitar leaning against the back of my Custom Airbrushed original Case in full view resolution) be placed as an Avatar next to my username (if Allowed & Possible). A Please and Thank You to the one/ones who may do this or tell me where to make this Request! I started a New Topic because my initial Request was on page 4 of my previous Topic Post and I read that I must get permission for this to be OK. Yet, I do not know where to actually post this request and if I missed the directions to where to post this Request, I sincerely apologize! Actually, any picture of the Epiphone from my Posted link, that is Chosen by the Proper Administrator/Manager will be Fine with me. A Sincere Thank You to the one/ones who guide me to the proper place for this request, if this is not the Place to make the request. I just would like to have an Avatar (with my Epiphone ) next to my username. Again, Thank You to the Individual who can and has the authority to grant my request or points me in the proper direction to make the Request. Sincerely, oneowner36

PostPosted: Mon 01 Oct 2012 05:54 PM 
Virtuoso

You have control over your avatar from the User Control Panel (see top of page left for the link, just underneath the Board Index link). :wink:
Click on the Profile tab, then Edit Avatar.
There are restrictions on the size you can post: Maximum dimensions; width: 90 pixels, height: 90 pixels, file size: 4.00 KiB

PostPosted: Mon 01 Oct 2012 07:33 PM 
Virtuoso

Location: Grand Absurdity, VA, temporary refuge of the Hollywood Avenger
Barry wrote:
You have control over your avatar from the User Control Panel (see top of page left for the link, just underneath the Board Index link). :wink:
Click on the Profile tab, then Edit Avatar.
There are restrictions on the size you can post: Maximum dimensions; width: 90 pixels, height: 90 pixels, file size: 4.00 KiB

If it doesn't work for you, I'll give it a shot when I have some time. Digging out of a few days' worth of messages after a whirlwind NYC trip.

je

1981 AV-320
1981 AV-320
1981 AV-325
1982 AV-320
1982 VS-695-12
1982 VSH-445
1983 AV-330
1995 VST 33 CE TBK

PostPosted: Tue 02 Oct 2012 09:19 AM 
Axe Slinger

Thank You to both!!! and "Squid" there are no words to express my gratitude for your assistance. Can't Thank You enough! Will give it a try.

PostPosted: Tue 02 Oct 2012 09:48 AM 
Virtuoso

oneowner36 wrote:
Thank You to both!!! and "Squid" there are no words to express my gratitude for your assistance. Can't Thank You enough! Will give it a try.

Here's a link to a prepped pic that meets all the requirements:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5731545/1owneravatar.jpg

It doesn't look like I can set it up for you, though.

je

1981 AV-320
1981 AV-320
1981 AV-325
1982 AV-320
1982 VS-695-12
1982 VSH-445
1983 AV-330
1995 VST 33 CE TBK

PostPosted: Tue 02 Oct 2012 01:06 PM 
Axe Slinger

Squid Head wrote:

Here's a link to a prepped pic that meets all the requirements:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5731545/1owneravatar.jpg

it doesn't look like I can set it up for you, though.

je

The same applies for this one, although it's not 'yours' it is the same model. Scaled down pic from:
http://www.epiphonewiki.com/index.php?title=FT-Series#FT-350.2F350BL

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ml4nwg3bthpxoi/FT350.jpg

jim

PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct 2012 10:24 AM 
Axe Slinger

Guys you did Good. I placed a Model I wish I owned from the list of photos on the Edit Avatar page!!! Actually, I did that before scrolling on down the post and didn't even see what Both of you did for me. I did try to post one of my pics, yet as "Squid" knows they are too large. So, Thank You both and I will be content with my Profile, Avatar and now the "new" Tag below my username. I can now ask a new question, I always have questions. I have this "Harmony est 1892" LP copy cherry sunburst very similar to the 1958 1/2 Gibson made Les Paul "burst" model. I have made inquiries and sent pics of this guitar to "broadwaymusicco", who has a ton of info about Harmony Guitars. According to his research, every model that has the Logo "Harmony est 1892" on the Headstock is an Asian made Guitar. Yet, mine has a jack plate that is stamped " MADE IN USA" and a Serial #. We both believe it has been placed on the Guitar by a previous owner and it is NOT a USA made Guitar. I have also read about the "lawsuit" Guitars initiated by Norlin in the 1970's. There is alot of confusing info out there. Some say they are Korean made, some say Japan made, some say both! I do not have any idea who made the guitar and would like the experts on this site to view it. I initially purchased it in 1991/92 and sold it in 1995/96. I re-purchased this guitar this past summer (17 years later) and it is in the exact condition as when I sold it. Really a nice looking LP copy. Bolted neck. With a natural finished neck. Someone went to great lengths to make this appear to be a USA made instrument. It has a Dimarzio early 70's Super Distortion neck Pup and a Seymour Duncan JB early 80's model bridge Pup. This info came from the Luthier I use. My Friend, who owned it for 17 years, never played it! The nut came unglued the day he took it home and he never told me. If "allowed" I would post the imgur.com link to a few of the photos My Son and I made the same day we did my Epiphone. If not "allowed" I completely understand. The Site could be overrun with guitar photo links and now as a Member of this site, which has some very, very Good people, I would not want that to happen either. Or if someone, would like to view this old Harmony est 1892 LP Cherry Sunburst Copy, with a "fake" MADE IN USA" and serial # stamped into a chrome Jack-plate I would send them the link. Any and all comments would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct 2012 01:06 PM 
Virtuoso

oneowner36 wrote:
Guys you did Good. I placed a Model I wish I owned from the list of photos on the Edit Avatar page!!! Actually, I did that before scrolling on down the post and didn't even see what Both of you did for me. I did try to post one of my pics, yet as "Squid" knows they are too large. So, Thank You both and I will be content with my Profile, Avatar and now the "new" Tag below my username. I can now ask a new question, I always have questions. I have this "Harmony est 1892" LP copy cherry sunburst very similar to the 1958 1/2 Gibson made Les Paul "burst" model. I have made inquiries and sent pics of this guitar to "broadwaymusicco", who has a ton of info about Harmony Guitars. According to his research, every model that has the Logo "Harmony est 1892" on the Headstock is an Asian made Guitar. Yet, mine has a jack plate that is stamped " MADE IN USA" and a Serial #. We both believe it has been placed on the Guitar by a previous owner and it is NOT a USA made Guitar. I have also read about the "lawsuit" Guitars initiated by Norlin in the 1970's. There is alot of confusing info out there. Some say they are Korean made, some say Japan made, some say both! I do not have any idea who made the guitar and would like the experts on this site to view it. I initially purchased it in 1991/92 and sold it in 1995/96. I re-purchased this guitar this past summer (17 years later) and it is in the exact condition as when I sold it. Really a nice looking LP copy. Bolted neck. With a natural finished neck. Someone went to great lengths to make this appear to be a USA made instrument. It has a Dimarzio early 70's Super Distortion neck Pup and a Seymour Duncan JB early 80's model bridge Pup. This info came from the Luthier I use. My Friend, who owned it for 17 years, never played it! The nut came unglued the day he took it home and he never told me. If "allowed" I would post the imgur.com link to a few of the photos My Son and I made the same day we did my Epiphone. If not "allowed" I completely understand. The Site could be overrun with guitar photo links and now as a Member of this site, which has some very, very Good people, I would not want that to happen either. Or if someone, would like to view this old Harmony est 1892 LP Cherry Sunburst Copy, with a "fake" MADE IN USA" and serial # stamped into a chrome Jack-plate I would send them the link. Any and all comments would be appreciated.

Start a thread in the "Member's Treasures" section of the site- that would be fine. I'd love to see it.

je

1981 AV-320
1981 AV-320
1981 AV-325
1982 AV-320
1982 VS-695-12
1982 VSH-445
1983 AV-330
1995 VST 33 CE TBK

PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct 2012 05:04 PM 
Axe Slinger

Thanks "Squid" I will do it now!