The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Fri 29 Mar 2024 01:40 AM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu 16 Dec 2004 10:34 AM 
Virtuoso

I decided to open up my Urchin U70 to see if there were any part numbers or names or anything at all and behold on the side of the three phase switches on the u70 were the numbers and letter 8U2011-3 and below that was the name Fujisoku so ilooked it up, and the company is still manufacturing switches and the guy that i talked to at Strategic Switch.com (1-800-323-0315) said that the 8 series is still in existense but the U letter he was'nt sure about and he also said he thinks that the (-3) at the end of the number letter sequence was something that the company does when they a modify a certain model or make a special model but he is contacting the company to find out if they still make a model like that now. "They do have" he said a 8c2011 flatted toggle which may the same thing as what is in the urchinu70 so he is going to e-mail me, also on the opposite side were the numbers 8203 which he told me that stands for march of 1982 how much does that rule!!!! When i recieve my e-mail i will post again soon until then open up those guitars and see what's inside and check out that website it's pretty cool! Josh :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 16 May 2005 12:53 AM 
Virtuoso

Ok guys i bit the bullet and bought 25 of these 8c2011 switches which may not work but i bought them $80.00 it cost me but we'll see i'll keep you all posted. (Warning) I had to buy 25 because that was the smallest amount i could buy if you buy some of these beware it's going to cost you. Josh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 19 May 2005 10:25 AM 
Virtuoso

guys it will be until about the end of june before i get these switches so i will keep you posted on the status of what is going on with that as soon as i know what is going with it! :) lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 17 Jun 2005 02:43 PM 
Virtuoso

Ok guys the switches i found 8c2011 made by fujisoku I think will work since it is an on/on switch but the threaded shaft that the nut goes on is alot longer than the original so it may hinder quick switch flipping so i don't know what to think. but i'm keeping 6 and selling the rest on ebay probably but i'll keep you all posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 17 Jun 2005 06:00 PM 
Virtuoso

You just need a second nut to get very flexible with height adjustment:

Put the first nut on, so that you have just the necessary amount of thread left... put the switch in place... and fix it with the second nut.

Post subject: urchin70...
PostPosted: Mon 14 Jul 2008 11:24 AM 
Gallery Friend

Did these end up working ok?

I've got a TSB-650 that needs one of these...I think? Do these have the 6 prongs on the bottom?

If they do, any shot you've got any of these left that you're interested in selling?

I can hope...

Thanx!!

:D