The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Thu 28 Mar 2024 03:16 AM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Coming in the mail...
PostPosted: Sun 27 Dec 2009 05:46 PM 
Power Chorder

I am so glad I found this forum!

In 1978 or 9, I was in a band playing an old beat up Hagstrom. One day I went down to the music store and traded the Hagstrom in on a TS-series ARIA Pro-2. I also bought a 50W Marshall with a 4X12 cab - I was ready to go.

(Note that I paid for the Marshall, the 4X12, and the guitar with three rolls of silver quarters that I had turned in at the coin store for $600 and some)

At one point in around 1982 I ended up selling the guitar to pay for rent or something and I lost track of it.

Until last week...

I reconnected with the guy after 25 years and guess what! He still has the guitar! And he's sending it to me next week!

I am so excited to get it - it was from an interesting time in my life and regardless of its condition it will be a prized possession from Day 1.

I do not remember what model it is but the TS series looks the most familiar. I believe it to have had a brass nut, or maybe a 'first fret' just beyond the nut?

I also seem to remember a rotary switch of some kind that had a brass washer or trim ring and nut that always came loose...

But I could be thinking of a different guitar so who knows!

As soon as it comes I will post pics and will document the rebuilding process. According the the guy that has it, it's been sitting in its case for probably 25 years. He said it did not work when he last tried it, what, in 1983 or so. I see that the TS600 specs have a battery - I am hoping that there isn't one of those old '9 lives' batteries in there that has corroded the whole guts, but maybe the boost is left ON (however that's done - I remember NOTHING about the guitar other than what I have mentioned) with a dead battery. Who knows!

I'm stoked!

LJ

PostPosted: Sun 27 Dec 2009 08:17 PM 
Virtuoso

Sounds exciting! Keep us posted.

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jan 2010 07:57 PM 
Power Chorder

It's due to be delivered tomorrow!

I have my Kodak Zi8 ready to film the whole process.

No idea what model - RS750? 700? TS600? I think it is the RS model because it has a rotary switch on the lower horn, IIRC.

I'll put a vid on Youtube as soon as it comes.

d0rkd0g

PostPosted: Sat 29 May 2010 06:11 PM 
Virtuoso

Any news on this one?