The Guitar Gallery Forums - The Guitar Legacy of Matsumoku

Q&A, discussion, and information for the labels covered by The Guitar Gallery (Specifically and exclusively guitars made by Matsumoku up to 1987)
It is currently Fri 29 Mar 2024 12:44 AM

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Aria Pro II LS-600P
PostPosted: Fri 20 Aug 2021 09:11 AM 
Power Chorder

This is carryover from another post/thread, so below is a link to some photos of an LS-600P in black. Easily the heaviest of the LP models I own but a solid player. Acorn nut, FEB, Gibson laid-back P90's (bluish braided wire), solid maple cap, gold vs green PCB board. The guitar was pretty gunky with finish swirls/scratches and a lot of binding shrinkage/cracking when purchased. I cleaned and lightly sanded smooth overall to a satin finish when I first got it, but with all the playing it is a bit shiny and smudgy in some areas now. All of my guitars are I guess 'players grade' which to me means 'well loved.'

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1R9iBHprRsivdA7CI6oX1eYyUn2sGPa16?usp=sharing

and I do not know which Gibson model this is copied, but I came across this older video of Ian Chrichton of SAGA playing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL9rh8TKAI0

Post subject: Re: Aria Pro II LS-600P
PostPosted: Fri 20 Aug 2021 09:42 AM 
Virtuoso

Suweeeeeeeet! I love P90s. I had an Aria Pro II PE-150 that had them. I reversed the magnetic and electrical polarity of the neck pickup and it could get some great bell tones and quacks with both pickups engaged, one a little less volume.

PostPosted: Fri 20 Aug 2021 09:57 AM 
Power Chorder

Crusty wrote:
Suweeeeeeeet! I love P90s. I had an Aria Pro II PE-150 that had them. I reversed the magnetic and electrical polarity of the neck pickup and it could get some great bell tones and quacks with both pickups engaged, one a little less volume.

Nice! That's one thing I've never done is to reconfigure the guts of a PU to experiment/alter the characteristics.

PostPosted: Fri 20 Aug 2021 10:37 AM 
Virtuoso

I've been modding guitars for more than 30 years. I can't help but tinker some, no telling what will come of it. :D I never liked the .022 tone caps. I don't play jazz and I wanted more choice than muddy or not muddy. :toopid: I replace them with .01 caps and with the tone rolled back and a little gain it sounds like a half cocked wah. Think early Montrose, REO flying turkey trot and it even does a pretty good Tom Scholz in earlier Boston.

PostPosted: Fri 20 Aug 2021 10:49 AM 
Virtuoso

I dig it. . . :rockwoot:

Quality service since 3:00 last Tuesday